WOMEN 40+ LOOKING FOR MOTIVATION FOR JUNE 2016

Options
Hi! I am looking for motivation and support - really need to get stuck into this weight loss business. About 2 stone to lose. A year ago it was 1 stone. I don't want it to be 3 stone by this time next year. An amazing June would be a brilliant kick start. Come on - who's with me?! NJx

Replies

• luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm 42 and just got back on track, I'm looking to get down about 30 pounds
  • loufur
    loufur Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Will be celebrating my 43rd bday later this week. Would love to connect and hold each other accountable and celebrate success
  • NJL2015
    NJL2015 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OK come on ladies let's do it.
  • NJL2015
    Options
    I am steeling myself to weigh in tomorrow morning (it is 1 June...) and want to be down 10 lbs by July.
  • tinaisstillwell
    tinaisstillwell Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, and am stuck. I have 40 pounds left to lose. I also need motivation! I'll help if you will! Friend me.
  • jennylee274
    jennylee274 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    42 and struggling. Each little change adds up! I want to do this the right way .. I know we can help each other
  • magoolet
    magoolet Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm 40 and probably my heaviest ever, looking to lose 3 stone to get back to my old happy weight. I (re)joined MFP today and would love some motivation and friends to cheer on.

I'll send friend requests out now.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and ready to motivate but also need help too. I'm fairly active on and off the boards so let's help each other out.
  • imvidal24
    imvidal24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm approaching my 42nd birthday and I am the heaviest I've ever been. I'm not overweight but not in shape either. The only time I was ver able to accomplish much in weightloss was using this app 5years ago. I found an amazing, supportive community that inspired me and I want that back. Please add me too. Thx!
  • schmerikad
    schmerikad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 42, and I was 199 pounds March 9th when I started this. One pound away from "no way am I going to weigh that much"+one bad cholesterol report+one father who died from illness stemming from poor diet and exercise= one motivated woman. Down 20 lbs as of today, and determined to make this happen. I refuse cholesterol meds if I can control this with diet and exercise. I have another 25 to go and then I need to maintain. Calorie counting, food weighing, measuring cups, sugar denial and broccoli are my new norm. Love it! Also, watch "That Sugar Film" big BIG motivator for me to change my dietary habits
  • NJL2015
    Options
    Hello! 75kg on the nose (165lb). Keen to drop 7-10 lbs in June. We can so do it. Let's be fabulous!
  • magoolet
    magoolet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm currently sitting at 191lb and am 5ft 5. Various ideal weight charts tell me I should be looking to weigh 130lbs max for my height but from past experience I know I would look too thin at that weight so am aiming for about 150lbs and then see how I feel/look. My goal is 4-5lbs in June, but if I could match your 7-10lbs then I would be over the moon! Wishing you all success :)
  • Katori70
    Katori70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 46 and 180 lbs. My long term goal is 140. I am breaking it into increments of ten lbs to stay focused. I am great at making excuses for my diet and work out lapses. Looking forward to motivating each other, and the accountability.
  • Smile72
    Smile72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We can support each other. We all know the struggle, now let's focus on weight loss success!!
  • sette009
    sette009 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 41 years old and I need to lose 70lbs. all together. I need motivation to help me through it. We van cheer each other on.
  • LizSmith55
    LizSmith55 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to MFP & as of March 1 I was down 50lbs with at least 20 more to go (could truly be less than that but I'd be THRILLED with 20) from March until now, I have been struggling even just to maintain my current loss, let alone continue to loose. I started running back in March & changed my diet drastically (I had been on a Medifast type diet up until then but really wanted to get back to eating 'real food' well...the transition back was harder than expected) to help my situation & just finished my very first 10K & now am trying to find a friend who would be willing to train for a 1/2 marathon with me. I am NO elite athlete...I'm just a chubby Mom with a big dream...anyone wanna give it a whirl with me?
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm in and up for meeting more people close to my age! I've had the 'gut stuck' in the last year, big time. Hello 50. lol
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Turning 41 next month. I first joined MFP in Jan of 2011 and successfully lost 50 lbs. Well...here I am 5 years later after falling very hard off the wagon and now weighing more than I did when I first joined. I could use all the motivation and support I can get as I build a new friends list from losing many I had before. The older we get, the harder and more challenging it is to lose. I'd love to connect with some ladies who understand that struggle. TIA!
  • rinaid
    rinaid Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies- I'd love some support, as I've been fighting the good fight for about two weeks now and I'm starting to lose momentum. I've actually been "trying" on and off for the past six months- exercise, calorie restriction, and something always gets me off track after about 2 weeks. So frustrating! I'm 41, 5'3 have about 20 pounds to lose (20 pounds will help my clothes fit, not looking for perfection!) What threw me off this week was having some wine with dinner and then eating way too much, and then going out to lunch after hiking with a non-dieting friend- we ate all the bread! Also getting tired of my fitness video.