Too cute to be THIS FAT! Need all the followers/help/partners I can get!

Options
It's time for the weight to go and I need your help doing so

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    You look ok to me.

Good luck in your weight-loss journey.
  • HeatherL0527
    HeatherL0527 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't have a pic up ... what are you talking about?
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Hey there, add me if you would like.
  • HeatherL0527
    Options
    CARBS ARE THE DEVIL LOL .... I MUST GET THIS BALANCE RIGHT
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with the carbs unless you have a medical reason to avoid them :) I love my carbs <3
  • HeatherL0527
    Options
    Well I'm doing low carbs high protien and my body is turning on me lol ... I have never wanted so much candy & chocolate in my life! LOL
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like I'm also trying to shift the extra pounds and could do with all the help I can get lol
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    It's about balance Heather, follow the MFP guidelines for macros as best you can and see what happens.
    In a few weeks you can experiment with adjustments as needed.
    Presently I'm upping my protein just to see what happens.
  • HeatherL0527
    Options
    Will do! I'm trying to build a support group ASAP..... my husband thinks I've lost my mind lol .... I'm sure he's tired of my rants about all things weight loss
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well I'm doing low carbs high protien and my body is turning on me lol ... I have never wanted so much candy & chocolate in my life! LOL

Then why are you doing it this way? The whole point is to lose weight in a way that would be sustainable long term. That is why diets fail. You have to understand to be successful at this you need to think of this as a lifetime deal...it's not 'I'm gonna suffer through this 3 months and then I'm done' - weight will come back on sooo fast. Small changes in diet- healthier choices are absolutely great idea...however it needs to be something that you can continue to do. If you are feeling tortured and missing something that you like a lot...it will most likely lead to being miserable and giving up. Portion control is key. You are allowed to eat anything you want (but try to satisfy nutritional needs). Low carb/high fat or high protein is not any better or worse than others. It's all about calories and which way of weight loss is sustainable for you. I enjoy carbs...pasta dishes are my favorite. And it hasn't gotten in a way of my weight loss what so ever. Don't modify your usual eating habits in a drastic way... just try to weigh your food and keep an eye on portion control, stay within your calories and try to make healthy choices when you can.
  • HeatherL0527
    Options
    Well @ this point I'm doing weekly challenges just to spice things up, learn something, and maybe pick up a new healthy habit. But realizing the "carb with draw" effect over something so simple as "water week" (my only beverage is water for the week) this to me is something that should be easily done. Or at least that's the attitude I had Going into it. Well I was hit with SO MANY bad sugar/carb cravings it was scary to me. Especially seeing as though I don't eat that way normally.

So this week is "no bread/low carb" (I just threw in high protien) WELL I am lusting after chocolate like no bodies biz (not normal) and I am noticing that my carb intake is high anyway. So, it's baffling to me to see how off balance things are (according to MFP) and the struggle to try to pull and push everything where it needs to be is a bit of a roller coaster ride....

But it's a welcomed challenge. It keeps my attention, things stay interesting, and one day I will find my balance that works for me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    It's easy to eat too many carbs - and then that creates a desire for even more carbs.

I don't like to suffer, so I use the default carb/fat/protein settings here. As a general rule I keep my carbs lower anyway - but that happens as a byproduct of hitting my protein goal.

Try hitting all your protein and fats needs first - you'll find that carbs will fall in line that way. For me that means a protein-heavy breakfast (1 whole egg, 1 egg white, 2 pieces of breakfast meats, veggies and 1 slice of whole wheat toast with coffee and milk.)
  • kandisscott81
    kandisscott81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me to your support group. My "sticktoitivity" is sometimes subpar, but I'm determined that this time will be different. @Heather, I'm feeling that way regarding salty snacks. I know I don't need them, but it is proving the hardest facet of eating better.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 891 Member
    Options

Then why are you doing it this way? The whole point is to lose weight in a way that would be sustainable long term. That is why diets fail. You have to understand to be successful at this you need to think of this as a lifetime deal...it's not 'I'm gonna suffer through this 3 months and then I'm done' - weight will come back on sooo fast. Small changes in diet- healthier choices are absolutely great idea...however it needs to be something that you can continue to do. If you are feeling tortured and missing something that you like a lot...it will most likely lead to being miserable and giving up. Portion control is key. You are allowed to eat anything you want (but try to satisfy nutritional needs). Low carb/high fat or high protein is not any better or worse than others. It's all about calories and which way of weight loss is sustainable for you. I enjoy carbs...pasta dishes are my favorite. And it hasn't gotten in a way of my weight loss what so ever. Don't modify your usual eating habits in a drastic way... just try to weigh your food and keep an eye on portion control, stay within your calories and try to make healthy choices when you can.

*****this is how you do it
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    CARBS ARE THE DEVIL LOL .... I MUST GET THIS BALANCE RIGHT

Incorrect.

Without carbs, I AM THE DEVIL.