Just turned 40 and tired of being fat!!

Options
Hi! I'm Virginia. I just had my 40th birthday and am so tired of the struggle of trying to lose weight! I try, I try and I try again and seem to fail every time because I am a person that needs to see results or else I give up. I would love to have some people join me here for accountability.

Replies

• littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 in a couple months and I understand the struggle. You can add me if you would like to.
  • kymberkaye
    kymberkaye Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and know your struggles!!! Its never easy!! I spent the weekend with 5 of my grandchildren. They wore me out!! Lol I think this app will really help me stay focused. Add me and we can help each other. =)
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    What does giving up get you? Then do something about it. Write in a journal all the reasons why you really want to lose weight. Understand that it is a lifestyle, not a diet and you have to want to change! Be true to eating healthy & start incorporating true physical activity into your lifestyle daily. Make it fun. The more you do, the healthier you will be and if will offset the food you eat. Choose wisely. Use MFP honestly and results will happen! Take pics and measurements and work on your "mindset" that there may be weeks the scale won't move, but if you are doing this daily, your body composition is changing. All of this doesn't happen on its own. You need to want to make the change! The greater the efforts, the greater the results.