Best Beachbody strength program (that's On Demand)??

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I need something to intersperse with my cardio to really strengthen up. I have Beachbody On Demand, so I'd prefer not to have to buy another program. I also have Body Beast, but I don't really want to worry about getting out all that equipment (the bench or ball, really). Thoughts?

Replies

• Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Well with the criteria you're giving here I guess P90X would be my suggestion if you have a pull up bar. Some of the videos use dumbbells though. If you are looking strength training with absolutely no equipment the choices are going to be pretty slim. Most of the programs use some sort of dumbbells/pull up bars etc. Insanity Asylum has a really good strength video that doesn't use the ladder. About all I can think of that's part of the free BBOD library right now.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I have a ladder, dumbbells, and a pull-up bar (but no door that's sturdy enough for it). I just didn't want to have to pull out the bench. Also, I'd prefer something that's not terribly long. I know...lots of criteria. LOL
  • juma4474
    juma4474 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just completed a full cycle of 22minute Hard Corps and loved it; I had awesome results (see picture) and other than the equipment you already have, you can do it all. I would suggest Hammer & Chisel but like Body Beast, it requires quite a bit of extra equipment as well. Do you currently have a beachbody coach or are you part of a challenge group? I found these groups to be incredibly motivating and held me accountable.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I used to be a coach but quit when my life got turned upside down (long story). How much is the 22HC program? I have done one of the workouts On Demand and found it to be challenging, but in a good way.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hey there. The whole P90X series (X, X2, and X3) come standard on OnDemand with no need to purchase the actual DVDs. Since you don't want it to be too long, you can go for X3 because it's only 30 minutes where it's counterparts are at or close to an hour. I liked H&C because I have a narrow lower body and it's very demanding on the legs. However, I wouldn't call it a full body program because I found the work on biceps and triceps were lacking. I don't think I did an actual bicep curl until Hammer Build Up with is in the deluxe series. That's just my opinion though, others may feel differently.

• Amy_B
    Options
    I did part of P90X3 last year and liked it. I didn't do all the strength since I didn't have all the equipment (sturdy pull up bar), but I did enjoy most of it. Thanks!!
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm doing P90X3 right now and using a band with a door hinge hook instead of the pull up bar and am still getting quite a good workout.

I did the 22 minute hard corps and lost 5 pounds and 7.25 inches. I got spoiled by the 22 minutes part...so I'm constantly looking at the time left on the P90X3 workouts and comparing it to the 22 minute ones. (At 10 minutes left this morning I was thinking "I'd only have 2 minutes left on the other workout"...and at 5 minutes left I was thinking "I could have been done by now.")
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Amy_B wrote: »
    I used to be a coach but quit when my life got turned upside down (long story). How much is the 22HC program? I have done one of the workouts On Demand and found it to be challenging, but in a good way.

$40
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    juma4474 wrote: »
    I just completed a full cycle of 22minute Hard Corps and loved it; I had awesome results (see picture) and other than the equipment you already have, you can do it all. I would suggest Hammer & Chisel but like Body Beast, it requires quite a bit of extra equipment as well. Do you currently have a beachbody coach or are you part of a challenge group? I found these groups to be incredibly motivating and held me accountable.

I heard Hammer and Chisel sucks. Just look at the reviews on Amazon. I don't think 22 min hard corp is really that good for strength training, but more of an overall fitness program. IMO, Body Beast is the best on the Market. But like you say, requires a bunch of equipment. I would suggest P90x.

But if you do Body beast, the absolute minimum is a bench/medicine ball and 3 sets of dumbbells. I always skipped the pull ups but you can use a band attached to the door as a substitute.
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hammer and Chisel was amazing for me! I got great results. I am on week 5 of Body Beast, which is also fantastic! My profile pic on here is my p90x 3 results! All great programs. I went from a skinny 107 to a strong 115 doing p90x3 and Hammer and Chisel.