Motivation after 12 hour shifts

Options
Hello, my name is Victor, I work an 11 day straight @ 12 hr. shifts and 4 days off. At the beginning of my first week hitch my energy level is strong so I hit the gym for about an hour and 20 mins. But by the last 4 days on I tend to wind down on energy and I feel like I'm pushing my self just out of pride instead of energy at the gym. Could it be just a state of mind thing since my work schedule so long? Any suggestions and thought processes to help me stay up beat through out my last few days before days off? Please advise thanks.

Replies

• liv_emmett
    liv_emmett Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just got started on here Feel free to add me would love a friend for extra motivation xx
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're pretty worn down by the last four (4) days. What's your sleep like? I'm guessing that's where the solution is going to be.
  • Oslo575
    Oslo575 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your mind needs a break even if your body doesnt. The brain is a muscle just like any on your body. I assume with that work schedule your career requires moments of focused energy or use. If your like most fitness minded folk (sounds like you are), you need the same focus at the gym. Working out puts strain on your mind especially towards those last few reps. I would try placing an active rest day mid way through your week. By active, instead of going to the gym spend it at home stretching or light yoga. I bet doing this helps hold your motivation.