New To The Site and Looking for Serious Motivation and Frien

Options
Hello All! I am new to this site and would like to share with everyone my goals. I currently weight 266 and would like to get myself down to 150 where I will be right in the middle range of a healthy BMI for my height, which is 5' 7. I came really close to my goal a couple of years ago when I weighted 189 pounds. Believe it or not, when I reached my goal then, my starting weight had been 320 pounds. Unfortunately, I gained the weight back. Turns out, I had an adrenal tumor that was causing an overproduction of cortisol which lead to a condition called Cushing Syndrome. But before you start feeling sorry for me, I had surgery to successfully remove the gland (since if you remove the tumor it just grows back in these cases) over 2 years ago! I have since then lost some weight by merely breathing. The reality is, I became really afraid. While my doctors though it was a miracle I had lost weight in the first place, I couldn't help but be totally disappointed at the fact that I had come so close to being my desired weight and then had my body revolt against me. I became fearful that I would go to the process again and gain the weight right back or that the weight loss could possibly mask ANOTHER problem, as it did my adrenal tumor.
But I want to regain my success. When I was at my fittest, I was energetic, confident, and at peace with myself. I am tired of feeling sluggish, depressed and angry at myself whenever I look in the mirror. Not to mention, I want to feel pretty! That is why I have joined this community, have begun working with a beachbody.com trainer, etc. I want to make the strides to not only get back to 189 pounds, but to hopefully pass that goal and get to the original goal of weighing 145 pounds. I know this was a loaded introduction, but it is all about being honest at all times. If I am going to be honest with the world, I will undoubtedly be honest with myself and admit that holding on to fears is not going to get me any closer to happiness. I hope I get to know a lot of you on here, because I will undoubtedly need a lot of support on my journey, but I promise to be equally encouraging.
The same way it takes a village to raise a child, I think, is the same way it takes a village to accomplish individual goals. While no one can lose the weight for me (although that would have been AWESOME if it were possible) a community of people struggling with the same issue and supporting each other in making healthy life-long changes, will undeniably result in getting a lot more people to the finish line than if we embark on the journey alone. That also reminds me, I don't want a temporary fix. I want a life- long life style change. That is what I need. That is why I am here. :blushing:

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your goals.
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Welcome MFP friend=D This is exactly the place to find the motivation that you need along with the lifelong lifestyle change, just remember that this is one day at a time and one step at a time, don't give up as we all will have good days and bad days, just know that this is the hill to becoming a healthy individual! Good luck to ya on your journey!

-Jess from Illinois.
  • kestrel76
    kestrel76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I made it a hobby to get in shape, so I started doing stuff I progressively enjoyed: boxing and running. Try to check meetup.com for a group of runners around your area, so that you can meet people who can help you on your way to becoming a runner.

Good luck with your goal.
  • Jmac436
    Jmac436 Posts: 3
    Options
    Me and my husband and both of my sisters joined this website. Me and my sister gained weight after having our babies. I, however, have struggled with my weight most of my life. I weigh 234 and would like to get down to 130/140. My biggest thing is watching what size I get down to. I've just now gone down 1 size (18) but want to be a 10 again. Me and my husband are going to join the YMCA and take spinning classes together. Plus I'm going to take Zumba classes! My daughter will take a gymnastics class so there's something for everyone. I am making this a lifestyle change as well. I want to get rid of the weight forever.