Excersicing that can be done when babysitting?

1smemae94
1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm babysitting my 3 cousins tomorrow from 9 in the morning until 5 at night. i know we will go swimming but what else can we do to get my workout in? Thanks.

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Take them for walks.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    hehe play simon says and do a ton of jumping jacks,toe touches,running in circles etc.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Push-ups, sit-ups, lunge, squat, jumping jacks, plank...
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    What a great idea that Ambie35 had! I love it!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    are they girls who like to turn on music and dance??? little ones love to make up dances........total free expression..."dance like the color purple".....

I guess alot depends on their ages. Boys.....make races in the backyard.......or the old fashioned picnic games like egg (carried on a spoon) obsticle course.......
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    hehe play simon says and do a ton of jumping jacks,toe touches,running in circles etc.

Best idea sofar!
  • MissMandy1010
    MissMandy1010 Posts: 52 Member
    do they nap? if so you could workout while they sleep. thats what i do everyday w my 2 little ones.
    ;-)
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    What CAN'T you do is the question. I used to nanny and I got active every day! Go out side and kick a soccer ball with the kids or shoot hoops. Toss a base ball. Set up an obstacle course and see who can do it the fastest. Let the kids come up with ways to make out more challenging once they've done it a few times.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    I'm babysitting my 3 cousins tomorrow from 9 in the morning until 5 at night. i know we will go swimming but what else can we do to get my workout in? Thanks.

put ''30 day shred'' into the dvd player, incentivise the kids with carrots and celery sticks if they can do the same actions, and afterwards, they wil lfall asleep as if by magic! win - win!!!
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Maybe you could take them for a walk to the park, and throw around a frisbee or a ball. Other than that, playing tag, hide and seek or just running around after kids can be a workout in itself! Swimming is great exercise too so you could probably burn a lot of calories babysitting!
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    put ''30 day shred'' into the dvd player, incentivise the kids with carrots and celery sticks if they can do the same actions, and afterwards, they wil lfall asleep as if by magic! win - win!!!

AHA! I wish.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Play chasey (tag) with them, or scarecrow, or dodge, any of the active games you played as a kid. Give yourself some penalties (e.g. you have to stop and do a pushup every 10 steps when chasing them) to make it fair.
  • When working with children just do what they do. Most children naturally burn enough calories a day to maintain their weight. Get on the floor and play with them, trucks, cars, football, spiderman you know whatever. Keeping up with children is a workout in itself.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Freeze tag!! I'm totally the champ of all the neighborhood kids.
    Water balloon volley ball is also fun, the hysterical giggling is great for the abs.

Or you could get them all hopped up on Dr. Pepper and Gummy Bears then try to catch them.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot this one.. one of the recent times I baby sat, we fired up YouTube and taught ourselves bad 80's dances. They loved it, and I was exhausted.
This discussion has been closed.