Ladies, and perhaps men, swimwear help!

Options
So due to a mixture of the mummy tummy and the stretchmark conundrum I have decided that unless a miracle happens, or I am happier with myself in 7 weeks, I shall be foregoing the bikini this year for holiday.

So my question is, which of these two designs (not from the pictures, but the style of suit) looks best in your opinion and which do you think would look better on an 18 year old without making me look too young or too old?

First is a high waisted bikini, along the lines of:
http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/bloom-vintage-style-high-waist-bikini/invt/5745460925555/&bklist=

Second is a swimsuit, with a push up bra part:
http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/swimwear/kelly-brook-daisy-swimsuit_222526901

Replies

• cdbillups
    cdbillups Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like the second one better. Men have an over active imagination. If you show them everything you have, they've got nothing left to think about. A man with nothing to think about will soon get himself in trouble.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    You are young and beautiful, you can pull either one off! I think I like the second one better though, I'm not a fan of the bottom of the first one.

Have you looked at tankinis? They have so many options, I really like them.

Enjoy your holiday!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I love the 1st one!

I'd totally rock it with some wedge heels, big hat, and big sunglasses...
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options
    I like the second one best - not a fan of the highwaisted bottoms of the first one.

I too thin you check out some tankinis - you can get some really nice long ones at Hapari: http://www.hapari.com/
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The second one defiantly because the bottom to the first one looks silly. Im sure you would look great in either one tho
  • rubixcyoob
    rubixcyoob Posts: 395
    Options
    Thanks!

I do like some tankinis but since I wore them when I was a pre-teen I just associate them with being younger, iykwim?

I just want something to hold in my bottom half and make the top half look better, keeping the attention there and not down to my wibbles and jibbles!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I say the second one. It's cute, it's young (not kiddie young though) and fun!!! The bottoms on the first one is just horrid.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I can't decide..

I'm more into paleo-swimming myself.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    The second one. The first one looks like a bikini top with granny panties.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I 2nd this opinion. The second one looks very retro and gorgeous. You could totally play it up and look amazing.
  • rubixcyoob
    rubixcyoob Posts: 395
    Options
    Yeah I'm leaning more towards the second one, there are some lush retro inspired swimsuits out there. Some even have tummy control!

I'm scared the first one would push up my tummy and give me a massive muffin top!

Now, time to find one that is big enough in the bra department but fits everywhere else LOL
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    The boob to body ratio is always difficult. Good luck! (I agree the grannies are at risk of offering major muffin)
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    1sones kinda retro, you could play it up and rock it, but i think the second one would be better. Leave something to the immigination ;)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I 2nd this opinion. The second one looks very retro and gorgeous. You could totally play it up and look amazing.

I agree. :smile:
  • Sillybunni
    Sillybunni Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of the first one, the bottoms look like granny panties! I think only someone super skinny could pull that off and it still looks silly on the model.
    I actually really like the second one though. Also, tankinis <- yes!
  • PinUpMommy
    PinUpMommy Posts: 94
    Options
    I personally would go with the one piece. I think it's more flattering.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I love the first one, but I like the vintage aesthetic. It reminds me of something my Mom would have worn as a newlywed in 1954.

But they are hard to pull off. I have a vintage one with giant gripper knickers like that, and look slimmer in a skimpy string bikini. It just chops up my body in strange and unflattering ways.

If you can try it on, see how you like it, but don't feel bad if it doesn't look like you'd imagine.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I think the one piece looks great. Being completely honest, I totally hate the first one and feel like if you aren't a pear shape, you sure would look like one after putting that on.

There's nothing "not sexy" about one pieces either. I have a couple that I love. Got one today, actually. You don't "need" a 2 piece to feel and look sexy. :flowerforyou:
  • cdnbabybubba
    cdnbabybubba Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i LOVE THE 2ND ONE!!! I am looking for bathing suits myself and that is one that I would choose. It looks sooo cute!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    The second one is much cuter!