I don't know how to stop!!

Options
I have been having 1 snack a day for the past 7 or so days. Stuff like ice cream (small portions), toasted marshmallow, cookie but I have been eating good and exercising and I'm scared incase this will stunt my weight loss. I don't know how to stop eating those bad things. Any tips?

Replies

• Peregrymj
    Peregrymj Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't have them in the house if possible.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    everything you eat stunts weight loss, it doesn't matter if it is "bad" or "good" or however you want to classify the food. Set a calorie goal and eat to that. If your calorie goal leaves you room for a treat every night then eat it completely guilt free.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Are you still hitting your calorie and nutrition goals? If so, personally I wouldn't try to stop it. If you aren't, then personally I like to look at what I need to include more of in my diet rather than what I think I should cut out. Take a look and ask yourself if there there any goals you're consistently falling short on and then see what you can adjust.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I have something sweet every night, making sure it fits into my calories. Nothing is "good" or "bad".
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I have been having 1 snack a day for the past 7 or so days. Stuff like ice cream (small portions), toasted marshmallow, cookie but I have been eating good and exercising and I'm scared incase this will stunt my weight loss. I don't know how to stop eating those bad things. Any tips?

Snacks are not going to stunt your weight loss unless they are causing you to exceed your daily calorie goal and no longer be in a deficit. Many people eat treats and snacks in moderation, without needing to cut them out of their lives entirely. Just fit reasonable amounts of snacks into your daily calorie goal (also, make sure you're meeting your nutritional needs and macro goals).
  • honeyseymour123
    honeyseymour123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have around roughly 1200 cals a day on a good day, 1400 on a bad day. I'm 5 ft 5inch and weigh 145 pounds. Idk if that helps at all
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Eat less than your body needs for maintenance = weight loss. "Bad things" or not. You could eat 100% crap and lose weight (not healthy weight loss.....but weight loss still).

"Bad things." Do you intend to swear off cookies or ice cream forever? If not, then eating small portions is you MANAGING these foods. This is a good thing. You are learning self control. I save room for a treat every day too.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    It seems like you're able to keep the portions in check, so don't stress about it. Plan them into your caloric goal. I'm almost forty pounds down and there is ALWAYS a selection of individual mini cups of ice cream in my freezer to enjoy. I make room.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have around roughly 1200 cals a day on a good day, 1400 on a bad day. I'm 5 ft 5inch and weigh 145 pounds. Idk if that helps at all

1400 calories is not a "bad day." 1200 is a default minimum. 1200 is more appropriate for very petite or senior ladies. Don't feel "guilty" because you eat more than 1200.

Google your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)......if you eat more than that, then it's a bad day.
  • honeyseymour123
    honeyseymour123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

1400 calories is not a "bad day." 1200 is a default minimum. 1200 is more appropriate for very petite or senior ladies. Don't feel "guilty" because you eat more than 1200.

Google your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)......if you eat more than that, then it's a bad day.

I'm gonna do that. Thank you so much for your help. I don't know why but when u eat those foods I feel upset and angry at myself and idk
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    No food is bad unless it is expired. If it fits your daily calorie allotment then don't beat yourself up. I've been able to lose and maintain eating ice cream, poptarts, cake and what ever sweet I want as long as I'm not going over my goals.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

I'm gonna do that. Thank you so much for your help. I don't know why but when u eat those foods I feel upset and angry at myself and idk

The best thing you can do for yourself is learn to remove emotion from eating! Food is fuel, and one of the pleasures of life. You should only feel guilty about food if you stole it.

When I learned to use the site to make my "diet" into a math equation, numbers to play with, and not a morality play, everything changed. For health, you should for sure eat a well balanced diet including plenty of nutrient dense foods. But there is nothing wrong with eating foods that do nothing but taste good as a part of that! good luck :drinker: