Need motivation! Help please

Options
Hi! My name is Sarah and I need help finding motivation. My family is moving to Texas in a couple days and I've been so stressed about that. I can't stop eating and also spending money on food. I'm getting a membership at Planet Fitness today, but I need to actually go! Any ideas or advice?! Thanks!

Replies

• dn1198
    dn1198 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You got this. Surround yourself with people who will encourage you to work towards your goals and don't give up!
  • sarahganzevoort20
    sarahganzevoort20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • gonzalde
    gonzalde Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! What part of Texas? I grew up in Corpus Christi. Nice small place. Anyway, I do not prefer gyms myself but I can help support of you need it. I work out from home since I work full time and have 3 little ones, I don't have time to go to a gym. Let me know if I can help in anyway, weather you need motivation, a push or a friend :)
  • JeffS435
    JeffS435 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    sent a request to you
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I can't stop eating and also spending money on food.

Yeah you can. Not telling yourself you can't is generally a good first step.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: I think you should get yourself some really nice workout clothes so that you feel good putting them on, spend your money on getting really cool workout gear and then that way you won't want to have wasted your money and make you more excited to go to the gym. And set yourself a target weight and then you can keep motivated with seeing your weight come down week by week/ month by month
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Find people either here or close to you who can be an emotional anchor for you.
  • getfit_fritch26
    getfit_fritch26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any motivation until I lost my first 5 lbs honestly. I just had to force myself to go. I would set reminders yelling at my that I needed to get to the gym, or take my evening walk, or go for a bike ride on the weekends.

After I lost my first 5 lbs though I was so motivated. I have set goals for every month and I get so excited when I reach them! I am down 13 as of today and can't get enough!

Fake it till ya make it! lol
  • JeffS435
    JeffS435 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I actually think a membership to Planet Fitness is basically a waste of $10 a month. You don't need a gym membership to lose weight. Google exercise using body weight and start with that or use some low weight dumbbells. It's cheaper and you might actually do it.
  • prodigywithapen
    prodigywithapen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, the heat and everything will be good for you losing weight! I live in Oklahoma city, previously from NYC, and it's been helping a lot, the heat I mean lol
  • patrickreeveboyd
    patrickreeveboyd Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    To begin with and ask yourself what do you love so much? What do you want above all else? Who do you love? Above all else? Get it down to about three people or things.
  • sarahganzevoort20
    Options
    Thank you guys for the help and support! I'll definitely keep everything in mind :smile:
  • sarahganzevoort20
    Options
    Oh yeah, the heat and everything will be good for you losing weight! I live in Oklahoma city, previously from NYC, and it's been helping a lot, the heat I mean lol
    I'm not moving to Texas, my parents are lol thanks though!
  • sarahganzevoort20
    Options
    I didn't have any motivation until I lost my first 5 lbs honestly. I just had to force myself to go. I would set reminders yelling at my that I needed to get to the gym, or take my evening walk, or go for a bike ride on the weekends.

After I lost my first 5 lbs though I was so motivated. I have set goals for every month and I get so excited when I reach them! I am down 13 as of today and can't get enough!

Fake it till ya make it! lol

That's awesome! Thank you :blush:

• smsadamah
    smsadamah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yea! I'm from Okc!! Probably not as fun as Texas tho.