Toning Stomach after weightloss

Options
Does anyone have any tips or advice on strength training exercises / diet plans to shift loose skin and stubborn fat from your stomach area?

After losing 57 lbs over a fairly quick period of time and having maintained for the last 18 months, I have found it difficult to tighten my stomach muscles. Since October 2015 I have concentrated on strength training (deadlifts, TRX mountain climbers, hanging leg raises, pike, hyperextensions, squats) and other weight training exercises targeting arms and legs. I have lost inches from my waist and hips but there is no visible change to my stomach area. I also try to each as much protein as possible, and have a light protein shake after workouts to maintain my muscle mass as I also run in between.

I wonder if all I can do is 'wait' and hope my body composition will change over time as I have read in other forums you can't really target specific areas for fat burning.

Any advice or reiteration of this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    nothing but surgery and time for loose skin

shift fat from belly...nope can't spot reduce.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    With quick loss comes loose skin, in time that will tighten up.

We can't spot reduce but strength training, which you are doing, will over time really help tighten your abs, you should be seeing improvements already as you started that in October. I started a recomp in Sept 15 and my tummy is flattening nicely. I don't think it will ever be flat but its much better than it was. It takes time and patience.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Pilates
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    my tummy is just now getting smaller and Im losing more fat,its taken almost 4 years to get to this point. so be patient. it will happen. some will see quicker results than others.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    nothing but surgery and time for loose skin

shift fat from belly...nope can't spot reduce.

This.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm doing some recomp now where I've been eating at maintenance and strength training. I've stayed about the same weight but I've lost an inch around my stomach so that's been nice!! It's a slow process.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Depending on your situation, it may never go away except with surgery.
  • laceyjjj
    laceyjjj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Can you stream YouTube to your TV? There are about a million ab workouts you can use ranging from 10-60 minutes. Some good channels are Fitness Blender, Qinetic and Christine Salus (if you're in awesome shape)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    laceyjjj wrote: »
    Can you stream YouTube to your TV? There are about a million ab workouts you can use ranging from 10-60 minutes. Some good channels are Fitness Blender, Qinetic and Christine Salus (if you're in awesome shape)

ab workouts will strengthen her core but wont make her lose fat any faster,you cannot spot reduce fat