IBS

Options
Anyone with Irritable Bowel Syndrome trying to lose weight or have already had some success?

Replies

• Dani724
    Dani724 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do have IBS and have lost about 20 lbs. I have had to make changes to my diet just to help with the stomach pains. I stopped eating meat (except fish) about two months ago and I'm not sure if that contributed to the weight loss but it has helped with my IBS. I really do think lots of water and exercise really do help with symptoms. I also smaller meals help with IBS and the weight loss. I eat lots of fiber which helps fill me up so I'm able to cut calories by not eating so much.
  • Postlethwaite
    Postlethwaite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Losing weight with IBS may be different in some regards but it can be done. I have a fairly severe case.. by severe I mean that when things are in full swing I wind up in bed. I have learned to manage mine with diet almost exclusively.. and benefibre sometimes. Try visiting Http://www.helpforibs.com if you are looking for some ideas for managing yours. I have lost more than 80 pounds all together, (11 of those since I found this site two and a half weeks ago) I certainly can be done, and can lead to more symptom control along the way. I wish you luck.. Feel free to friend me:)
  • bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Mine's a pretty light case compared to some, and I lose weight. It can be done.