Looking for MFP/Fitbit friends

Options
Hey,
So, I've been using MFP for awhile but just recently came to the forums. My starting weight was 193, my goal is 140ish, and I'm about halfway there . I'm hoping to hit my goal in time for halloween. Its my favorite holiday and I'd like to celebrate with an epic costume. Does anyone want to be friends to keep the motivation going? I have a fitbit as well so we could challenge each other. :)

Replies

• Denajasmine
    Denajasmine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! :smiley:
  • melmaurice0
    melmaurice0 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just realized I have no idea how to add people. LoL
  • melmaurice0
    Options
    Never mind I figured it out. >.<
  • azpostal
    azpostal Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Add me! I have no idea how to do it :|
  • EleanorElla24
    EleanorElla24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    haha Having a Halloween costume that isn't a size 2 or 3X is one of my weight loss goals this year!
  • imjms737
    imjms737 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Always looking for fitness friends!
  • melmaurice0
    Options
    Eleanor, I 100% get you. I've always loved making costumes and dressing up for Halloween, but the last few years I haven't been able to really enjoy my costumes because of a lack of self confidence that was all about my weight. I still dressed up, and had a great time making costumes for my son, but it just wasn't the same. Halloween is keeping me motivated. ^_^
  • imjms737
    imjms737 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Also, please feel free to add me on Fitbit:

imjms737 [at] gmail
  • EleanorElla24
    Options
    I always do such an awesome job putting my costume together that I get a ton of compliments every year (one lady even came up to me and took a picture of me wearing my leprechaun costume a couple years ago). But last year I reached 200 pounds for the first time in my life and I realized how awful I look in a bigger costume and how much harder they are to put on.
  • EleanorElla24
    Options
    I was gonna post a picture of my Halloween costume from last year, but then I realized it had a Chucky Doll in it and I didn't want any crazy people getting offended over a fictional evil doll. haha
  • melmaurice0
    Options
    I don't even take pictures of my costumes anymore. X_x Hopefully I'll feel like it this year.
  • EleanorElla24
    Options
    Taking a picture is one of the best parts of the costume for me. It makes spending hours putting it together worth it even more so then you can look back and remember how awesome it looked. :]
  • azpostal
    azpostal Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    So, I've been using MFP for awhile but just recently came to the forums. My starting weight was 193, my goal is 140ish, and I'm about halfway there . I'm hoping to hit my goal in time for halloween. Its my favorite holiday and I'd like to celebrate with an epic costume. Does anyone want to be friends to keep the motivation going? I have a fitbit as well so we could challenge each other. :)
    Thanks for adding me! I have set my goal at 18k steps/day but almost always go over. I just love my Fitbit!