Mom's Chicken Casserole

Options
dingy_woman
dingy_woman Posts: 2 Member
Hello Everyone,

I've been making this recipe for years and never knew that it was really so few calories. It's one of my families favorites and you can always add things like peppers or other veggies for different flavors. I hope you enjoy this.

Chicken casserole Servings 8
calories per serving 281

2 lg cans chicken 26.00 g Chicken Breast Can Kirkland
1 can(1 3/10 cups ea.) Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can(1 3/10 cup (120ml) ea.) Cream of Chicken Soup (Condensed) Campbell's
1.5 cup Generic - Whole Milk - 1 Cup
0.5 cup(s) Progresso - Bread Crumbs Plain 1 cup Bread crumbs, dry, grated, plain -
1 1lb package (9 cups cookeds ea.) No Yolks Large (Cholesterol Free Egg White Pasta - Egg Noodles
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 425

Cook your noodles according to the instructions on the package to al dente.
In a 9x13 casserole dish, mix chicken, salt & pepper, soups and milk together.
Add cooked noodles and stir until combined and cover with bread crumbs. Cook at 425 for 25-30 minutes or bread crumbs are a golden crunch :)

Enjoy

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Yum I'll try this
  • ngl_dvr
    ngl_dvr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! I'll be trying this soon! Thank you!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Looks like tasty comfort food, but are you sure about those numbers? It doesn't look like a low calorie recipe to me. Is that quite a small serving? It seems like the kind of thing that I'd keep wanting seconds of!

If those calories refer to a small serving size then an extra large helping of veg would be the way to go to make sure it's satisfying.

Of course, the other danger is that I have difficulty making things like this without putting cheese all over it. Melty, crusty cheese, mmm...
  • dingy_woman
    dingy_woman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I looked all the numbers up when I was adding it to my recipes and was just as surprised as you on how little calories it had. The serving size is 1/8th of a 9x13 casserole dish, so I think it's pretty big and it's pretty satisfying, although, I always add veggies on the side (I love my veggies). If you want to add cheese, well then I would try for a lower fat one so you don't add too much to the calories ;)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I must be overestimating how many calories are in the cream soups, I suppose. And maybe the egg white noodles are lighter than normal ones? But I never usually use egg pasta, just plain durum wheat pasta made with water (that's the standard type here), and even that's pretty calorific.