Need New Scale! Recommendations?!?!?

Options
Hey MFP's!

I need a new scale and really haven't ever bought one. I want a good one that I can trust and use for a while!! Please shoot me some ideas :) Thanks
-Parsons

Replies

• JJtexasgirl
    JJtexasgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a digital one at Walmart for less than $30. So far, it has been within 6 ounces of my doctor's scale. Its a Healthometer brand.
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have a taylor from Target (under 30) and I love it.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    I just bought 2 scales and am trying to decided which one to return. 1 is a Thinner and the other is a Weight Watchers. They are both made by Conair but the WW was more expensive. Don't know which one will be better in the long run.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have a cheap Healthometer from Walmart, but I don't trust it. The readings vary up to 3 lbs within a few minutes, and I know its not just me. However, it is well used and is probably out of calibration from being moved around a lot. I ordered a new scale from Amazon, but it hasn't arrived yet. I ordered an Eatsmart digital scale for ~$40.
  • mental_release
    Options
    I recently bought a digital one at Walmart for less than $30. So far, it has been within 6 ounces of my doctor's scale. Its a Healthometer brand.

Is that the one with 4 memories (i.e. four people)? Mine is Healthometer as well with 4 person memory.
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i use my wii fit.. i love it but u gotta get the whole wii lol... the plus though even though the wii is 200.00 and wii fit is around 75.00 it has tones of workout games to play that r fun. i own zumba, jus dance 2 and wii fit plus..
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    I have a Healthometer one, and I would NOT recommend it. It varies by 3-4 pounds within seconds of each reading. I'm on the lookout for a new one myself.
  • alulip
    alulip Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a Thinner, which I also would not recommend. It varies by 3 - 4 lbs in a matter of minutes, and up to 6 lbs if I move the scale even just a couple inches.
  • mudfrog
    mudfrog Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought this scale off of Amazon..

EatSmart Precision GoFit Digital Body Fat Scale w/ 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition Technology

It's been a great scale so far (I've owned for around 4 months). It's always accurate as long as I let it zero out first (weight does not fluctuate in a few minutes). It will calculate BMI, Water Weight, Muscle Mass and Bone Mass. While I know this is not 100% accurate it does do a pretty good job of letting you track your progress in ways other than just the scale weight. For around a month I stopped working out and put a few lbs on. Not only did it reflect by my weight on the scale but my BMI went up and muscle mass went down. I've also had other times where my weight was up by a pound or two but it showed that I was retaining more water than usual. It could just be a gimmick but from what I have seen it is usually pretty accurate with what my body has been doing.
  • lparsons88
    lparsons88 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks for the tips all!! :) Getting a new scale this week. We'll see what I come up with!