Exercise routine for an oil rig driller

Options
TJ_90
TJ_90 Posts: 1 Member
Hey guys,

I work as a driller in an oil rig. I have to work for 2 weeks at the rig (which comprises of hard physical activity) and then I come back home for 2 weeks. I have gained significant belly fat over the past 3-4 years. I decided enough is enough and I have been going to the gym for about a week now. My question is this: Since going to the gym is not an option for me while at work, I am planning to do the basic ground exercises and light cardio when I'm working. Will this be helpful? Or will the break from weight training have an adverse effect on my body?

Replies

• tigernikki
    tigernikki Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of body weight exercises you can do. Check out fitness blender for some ideas. Although i'd imagine you're using plenty of your muscles while at work.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    My husband was working for an oil drilling company when I met him :)

As far as workouts, im sure you can find some pretty intense body weight routines out there. Pullups, pushups, handstand work, human flags, planches etc. If I were you, I'd do some googling.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Convict Conditioning or You Are Your Own Gym are both excellent bodyweight programs, if you feel your job isn't working everything sufficiently. As far as body fat goes, keeping a calorie deficit is going to be more important that the gym work.
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Lots of good stuff above. Are you eating well?
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You can get a killer body with no equipment. Plyos, push-ups, pull-ups, squats, lunges, planks...etc, etc.