Flatter Tummy by Cutting Carbs!!

Options
Hi everyone. I don't remember exactly where I read it but somewhere there was an article about how cutting carbs can result in a flatter tummy. Well I decided to cut my carb for a month to see if I noticed any improvement and the difference is night and day. My stomach is seriously the flattest it has ever been!!!! I'm FINALLY happy with the way my body looks and I can't believe that lowering carbs was the key to it all the whole time. I was just wondering if this has worked for anyone else? I never ate white bread to begin with but now I don't eat wheat either and though I miss it the results i've gotten make it so worth it. I just wondered if this is common knowledge? Cutting carbs reduces your stomach size and how many people have has success doing so? I have always been happy with my weight (usually between 125-130) but my stomach was ALWAYS there until now! Anyways, just thought I'd share and wanted to know if anyone has tried this before :)

Replies

• rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • azure18
    azure18 Posts: 7
    Options
    Yea, cutting carbs works wonders. I've had the same problem, healthy weight (120lbs) but a tummy that stuck out. Every single time I've cut carbs out, my stomach went flat in about two days. The biggest problem was always sticking to that diet, when I go without carbs I get intense sugar cravings.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Wow that is so awesome..
    When u say u cut out carbs, do u mean starch crabs such white rice, pasta, white bread, potatoes etc....
    What kinda food were u eating?
    Would like to try that. Tnx in advance
  • michillj75
    michillj75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It seems to be working for me! I have lost 8 pounds in 8 weeks! Just taking out bread products and sugar junk. Subs to fruits and raw veggies most of the time. Grilling chicken even with marinate is awesome with just plain salad. I really notice the diff on inches as well.
  • Sharonbed4d
    Sharonbed4d Posts: 163
    Options
    I've heard that before but never actually tried it since I'm a carb lover. I don't eat a lot of bread but I do eat lots of fruit. Do you restrict all carbs or just processed? How many do you limit per day and do you have enough energy?
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I thought this was common knowledge. It's true.I have cut out eating anything made with any kind of flour and have lost 10 lbs. in about a month which is a miracle for me cause my weight loss had been at a plateau for the longest time so I decided to do something I considered drastic and I have started to lose weight again. The cravings are also gone for sweets and bread. I am so happy to have realized this and now I only eat fresh fruit/veg. Greek yogurt, lean protein (no red meat) and whole grains like wild rice, quinoa and wheat berries. P.S. My cholesterol has also gone down too. Of course, my tummy has a ways to go before I consider it flat, but hey, I'll get there in no time!:smooched:
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Sorry to tell you this but cutting carbs has nothing to do with a flat tummy. Losing belly fat which is the very last to go and having tone muscles do. I have extremely tone abs but i haven't got all my belly fat gone even at 18 percent body fat.
  • asunshinec
    asunshinec Posts: 74
    Options
    I've seen the same thing in the past. I don't think (in my case at least) that it was actually removing belly fat any more than any other diet. But what it did do was relieve the constant bloated feeling I had, which also flattened down my tummy. I know within 3 days of lowering my carbs, I see the same results. I love how I feel on a low carb diet, but like someone else mentioned, the hard part is sticking to it for an extended period of time, especially when you're a carb lover like me! =)
  • GOBucks2011
    Options
    I'm glad others have experienced similar results! My diet usually consist of staying under 150 of carbs but usually i'm under 100. I eat a lot of fish, chicken and turkey and for dinner I usually have a big helping of vegetables like asparagus or a vegetable stir fry. Breakfast I usually have eggs and turkey bacon with yogurt and lunch usually a big salad with fruit. I definitely stay away from processed foods because of the sodium.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Did you cut back on sugars or all carbs?
  • GOBucks2011
    Options
    OMG I have a bad carb addiction too. I live in DC and there are cupcake shops all over the place. I usually give in twice a week :/
  • GOBucks2011
    Options
    I cut back on bread,pasta, and my all time favorite...sweets!!!! I miss them so much :(
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I love bread and pasta too.
  • Coco187
    Coco187 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Does this mean you also cut out pasta and beans?
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    very true. my stomach has been flat all day and once i had my dinner of spinach, spinach and more spinach the cellulose/starch in the plants made me bloat.
    :( and they aren't even carbs.. but they are carb-like.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I agree that the white carbs and junk processed foods should be avoided as they are not clean or good for you, but there could be a possibility that those who have seen a change in cutting carbs might have an allergy to what's in that particular food Some foods do cause bloating, but that's just MHO. I eat about 180 g of complex carbs a day and have a flat belly, but I might cut out or cut back significantly for a week since I'm going to the beach in a week and a half.

It could also be that you are eating huge meals which can make your tummy stick our or bloat instead of eating 5 smaller meals. Anything is worth a shot.

I'm curious if cutting back on carbs including complex can really flatten your tummy!