What kind of fish oil to you take?

I want to go buy some today, and Im not sure what qualities I should be looking for. What do you use, how much do you take?
Do you take any other suppliments?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    I have two depending on which mood I'm in:

huge capsule: Natrol Omega 3-6-9
    liquid: Barlean's Lemon Meringue Omega (Costco sells it too)
  • I take Puritans Pride Omega 3 Fish Oil 1200mg 2x day. I also take a multi vitamin, CO-Q-10 and L-Carnitine.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    I want to go buy some today, and Im not sure what qualities I should be looking for. What do you use, how much do you take?
    Do you take any other suppliments?

I take the Mega Red Krill Oil, as directed (one capsule a day).

Other supplements:
    -a daily multivitamin to cover any possible gaps in my diet
    -Vitamin D because virtually no one in the northern hemisphere gets enough

I don't worry about calcium because I get at least 120% of the calcium goal a day from my diet as it is. ;)
  • I take One A Day Prenatals with a DHA supplement. It's 2 pills that I take every morning. It doesn't make me feel sick to my stomach like some vitamins/supplements do, and I like the way they make me feel. I can definately tell on the days I run out of the house and forget to take them!! Plus, they do wonders for my nails and hair! BIG BONUS!! I also take a daily Calcium supplement (Citrical Petites, because the regular calcium supplements are as big as my fist...there's no choking those down!!)
  • skibrina
    skibrina Posts: 36
    i take omegaplex. no fishy after taste. luv it. i also take a variety of other vitamins. lots of goods for my body!!!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 845 Member
    I got Garden of Life Oceans 3

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size 2
    Servings Per Container 30

Amount Per
    Serving % Daily
    Value

Total Calories 17 Gm N/A*

Calories From Fat 17 Gm N/A*

Total Fat 2 Gm 3%

Cholesterol 0 Gm N/A*

TOTAL OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS 1275 Mg N/A*

DHA (DOCOSAHEXAENOIC ACID) 450 Mg N/A*

EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 675 Mg N/A*

OTHER OMEGA-3'S 150 Mg N/A*

OMEGAXANTHIN(TM) BLEND (ULTRA PURE, HIGH POTENCY FISH OIL (ANCHOVIES AND SARDINES), BIOASTIN (NATURAL ASTAXANTHIN STANDARDIZED IN SAFFLOWER OIL), CONCENTRATED FUCOXANTHIN) 1992 Mg N/A*

Hope this is a good one?
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,438 Member
    I take the MegaRed Krill Oil (just one a day)...doesn't give me the fish burps like other fish oil pills I've tried. Plus I also take a general adult multivitamin.
  • et57
    et57 Posts: 20 Member
    That looks good. You should probably be cautious of those that are whole omega or omega 3-6-9 and stick with the omega 3. Most people already get too many omega 6 and 9 in their diets from processed foods.
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    I take Carlson's fish oil lemon flavor. I drink a teaspoon of it every day. Tastes great, its just oily so have a glass of water or something to wash it down. NEVER get fishy burps. Each teaspoon contains 1600 mg of Omega 3's!!! I have done the math and it is the most bang for your buck! Also I love how on Amazon people review it. I did some extensive research before buying this lol
  • TammyLML
    TammyLML Posts: 429 Member
    Sooooo glad you posted this! I didn't know about the necessity of the 3-6-9 so that is helpful to me as well.

I just started fish oil supplements this month - I LOATHE fish and never, ever, ever eat it, blech, gag! (Uh, can you tell I don't much care for fish? LOL) Anyway, I really dreaded the "fishy burps" thing & shelled out $30 for a bottle of 60 Nordic Naturals Pro Omega with vitamin D3 & lemon flavour. They've been fine, but I simply can't afford to pay $30 a month for fish oil and am looking for a much cheaper alternative which will still provide a quality supplement.

I'd love to know how much y'all pay for yours, if you're getting a good deal!

Cheers!
    Tammy :flowerforyou: