Need help

Options
Been back on the watch what I eat and doing good for a hole month lost 10lbs was feeling so much better because what I was doing was working now in the last 4 days I have gained 2 lbs back. Now I am upset and ready to quite again because I am eatting under my calories and drinking list of water. Can someone help me figure out why I am gaining again

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You've lost 8 lbs in 4 weeks and you think it's not working? It's clearly working.
  • aylaschoenhoff
    aylaschoenhoff Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would of been ok if in the last month I lost 8 but for me losing 10 then gaining 2 back makes me upset.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I would of been ok if in the last month I lost 8 but for me losing 10 then gaining 2 back makes me upset.

Weight fluctuates, get used to it.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    It could be water retention from salty foods, that time of the month, or you're eating more than you think. Here's a chart that should help you out:

x4nb7v94k198.jpg
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    If seeing the temporary jump on the scale upsets you, stop stepping on the scale. You're female. You eat salt. Maybe you exercise. Maybe you weigh at different times of the day. All these things can combine to make me weigh 4 lbs more tomorrow than I do today. Some water retention one day does not mean you're doing anything wrong except stressing out. Relax, keep up what you're doing, and understand weightloss isn't a straight line. It's a wavy line with a downward trend.
  • rockitt240
    rockitt240 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate a little on a daily basis depending on what you're dietary intake is on any given day. Foods high in sodium can cause you to show a 2 lb gain and it be nothing but water weight. Check your nutrition chart in your MyFitnessPal. It will tell you what your sodium intake has been . Make any adjustments necessary . Drinking lots of water will help some by flushing out your system . Keep up the good work and don't let a one day step change on the scale discourage you .
  • aylaschoenhoff
    aylaschoenhoff Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone