Healthy Snacks?

Options
bobbiedr
bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
Can anyone give me some ideas for healthy snacks? I snack in between meals so that I am eating every 2-3 hours to keep my metabolism going.

I'm running out of ideas for snacks, and the stuff I do eat is starting to get boring and repetitive. I get the special K bars, 100 calorie packs...

Can anyone recommend healthy, 150cals or less, and yummy snacks to eat during the day?

THanks!

Replies

• lindsayfranke
    lindsayfranke Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can make your own 150cal packs with anything. Wheat things, almonds, pistachios.

Try bringing in baggies of carrots, red/green peppers, celery w/ laughing cow cheese or peanut butter, rice cakes with peanut butter are good too.

Kashi Chocolate Coconut bars are great, fresh fruit, air-popped pop corn, jello, edamame - can cook it that am and baggie it

Anything can be snack as long as it is proportioned correctly.

Protein drinks also can curb hunger pains, I like Optimum Nutrition - mixes GREAT

DM for more suggestions :)
  • Katone86
    Katone86 Posts: 15
    Options
    Raw foods are the best when im at work I pre package apples,celery peaunut butter,mango,straw berries,grapes,nuts etc. Try to stay away from processed stuff as much as possible,
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    fruits & veggies.

I used to (need to start again) get a lot of veggies and cut/peel them and place into snack bags. I'd do most of it when I got the groceries home. Then I could grab and go-a healthy snack as easy as grabbing candy or a bag of chips.

I also like Fiber One 90 cal bars and some reduced/low fat yogurt....cottage cheese, cheese. The laughing cow cheese wedges are around 35 cals a wedge.

graham crackers, pretzels....saltines....raisins or other dried fruit, trail mix, popcorn.

Just some thoughts.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Almonds, greek yogurt, fruits and veggies of course, cottage cheese, keifer milk smoothies...to name a few of my faves;)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    flatbread crisps, laughing cow cheese w/ baby carrots, a piece of fruit, greek yogurt w/ granola & oats.
  • lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love the motts healthy harvest applesauces with no added sugar. They are 50 calories and come in lots of flavors. I would also have a 100 cal pack of cocoa almonds. Another is a fresh apple with a low cal cheese stick. 10 baby carrots with two laughing cow cheese wedges. activia light vanilla yogurt with a 1/2 c fresh blueberries. a kashi whole grain granola bar. a boiled egg and a piece of fruit. Those are some of the things I enjoy. I usually will incorperate a fruit or veggie and a protien. Good luck. I hope I helped.
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I would've never thought of combining celery with laughing cow cheese. I love those cheeses! I usually eat them with the special K crackers, but eating the celery would make the cal count even lower!

I like the fiber one bars, but I can't eat them at work. They give me "pressure" that I can't release at work, so it kills my stomach.

All great ideas so far! Thanks! :)
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt is my new fav!! I really enjoy Brown Cow strawberry (less $$$ than Chobani and just as good!) I also like Emerald's Almond and Walnut 100 Cal packs, Carrot Sticks, Cabot 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese snacks, Fiber One 90 calorie bars, Special K protein Bars, Kashi Bars, 100 cal popcorn, peanut butter....I am sure there are others but those are recently on my menu!
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I stay away from processed foods. I like the idea of apples, nuts, veggies, or make your own low fat granola or protein bars, yogurt, string cheeses, cottage chees
  • dnnmccloud
    dnnmccloud Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Try some foods in their natural state....you'd get to have more....for instance baby cucumber in a vinegar dill jar...I usually put a lil dash of lemon pepper and a pack of splenda, then theirs the good ole' celery with peanut butter, I love pretzel crisps with roasted red pepper hummus, you could always do a small salad as a snack-spring lettuce-tomato basil feta- tomatoes- and a lil light raspberry vinegarette dressing.....yummers....one of my other favorite between meal snacks is the bumble bee ff tuna kit.....there's a few hope that helps!
  • SugarRose
    SugarRose Posts: 16
    Options
    For a healthy desert/snack I slice an apple and sprinkle a couple teaspoons brown sugar and a bit of cinnamon on it and microwave for a few seconds until it's soft. It's tastes like apple cobbler and the sugar only adds about 30 calories:tongue:
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    nuts are good dry roasted not cooked in oil, protein shake is always good
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I like the skinny cow ice cream bars or ice cream sandwiches, string cheese, beef jerky, grapes, melon, mini rice cakes, air popped popcorn, special K crisp bars, the special K vanilla granola bars, chex mix ,. I hope this helps