18lbs in less than 2 months

Options
I'm happy with progress so far. I've finally grasped that the best way is to control portions (allowing me to eat whatever I like in moderation), keep within the calorie limit (I've never been near my daily limit so I don't come close to eating my exercise calories), watch the macros (generally I try and ensure my daily carb total is under the prescribed percentage) and walk walk walk. I've worked up to doing 12000 steps per day, from a previous daily average of around 2000. It's been tough on my feet and knees but it is beginning to get easier and unexpectedly fun. I look forward to losing enough that my knees and ankles will cope with jogging.

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Very awesome. You may want to consider a food scale, makes dealing with portions much easier.
  • takesonetoknowone
    takesonetoknowone Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you and yep, I'm already weighing absolutely everything I eat, so my logging is as accurate as possible. I've not been a big protein eater in the past but I'm making good progress widening my food vocabulary. Protein shakes have been a big help as I'm mindful of not losing muscle mass. Got a new gym membership so this week I plan to work in some lifting to my routine.
  • valerieuk1708
    valerieuk1708 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Well done! It seems like you know what you are doing :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!