Hard time getting enough!

hyocum98
hyocum98 Posts: 5 Member
The app is not allowing me to get a projection or make a post with my daily diary because I am too far under the calorie suggestion. I understand that this is designed for health, but I really just am not hungry enough to eat more. The things I do eat are mostly healthy, so I'm not just eating heavy fatty foods and wondering why I'm full. I feel like all I'm doing is eating and it's not enough. Help?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    First, I want to drop a caveat here: it's very common even among professionals to underestimate how much we eat. It's possible that you're eating more than you realize if you aren't tracking carefully.

Calorie dense foods can be your best friend when you're trying to eat more. These are foods that pack a lot of calories into just a small amount, so they boost your calories quickly without putting a lot of extra food in your stomach. This is a generic list and it's definitely not comprehensive, but anything here can be included in a balanced diet (as long as there are no allergies, medical conditions, obviously):

avocado
    cheese
    full fat dairy
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    dried fruit (raisins, apricots, plums, dates, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    olives
    honey
    molasses
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Please start eating at least 1,000 calories a day.
  • hyocum98
    Please start eating at least 1,000 calories a day.

Definitely trying!
  • hyocum98
    First, I want to drop a caveat here: it's very common even among professionals to underestimate how much we eat. It's possible that you're eating more than you realize if you aren't tracking carefully.

Calorie dense foods can be your best friend when you're trying to eat more. These are foods that pack a lot of calories into just a small amount, so they boost your calories quickly without putting a lot of extra food in your stomach. This is a generic list and it's definitely not comprehensive, but anything here can be included in a balanced diet (as long as there are no allergies, medical conditions, obviously):

avocado
    cheese
    full fat dairy
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    dried fruit (raisins, apricots, plums, dates, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    olives
    honey
    molasses

Thanks for the idea! I'll have to start adding some of those things for snacks and whatnot :)
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member

Probably this. How are you measuring your food? For most accuracy you should be using a food scale. Eyeballing, guessing & using a measuring cup are not accurate.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited June 2016
    For quality advice you should make your diary public. Otherwise all anyone can do is make wild guesses as to what you consume.

Since this is primarily a weight loss forum we will assume you want to lose weight. Do you really think you got overweight by eating too little?