HELP ME PLEASE

Options
042kristy
042kristy Posts: 5 Member
edited June 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Im not sure why i cant lose weight in fact i have put on in the last 5 weeks. I go to the gym 6 days a week 1hr of weight training and 45mins of some form of cardio. I eat 1800 to 2000 calories a day. Walk my dog every day well for at least an hour. In the five weeks i havent had any alcohol, bread, pasta, rice or any other hi carb food. What am i doing wrong? I used to run everyday but i have shin splints atm plus im sick of being exhausted all the time. Am i just eating to much?

Replies

• 042kristy
    Options
    Thanks for that. I don't actually put any exercise i do into MFP. should i start and ear back some calories? I just stick to 1800/2000cal
  • 042kristy
    Options
    Im 5ft 4inc and 142pounds
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and at maintenance am 145. No matter how low I go in calories my body really likes it here. For me, I need to be around 1500 cals to maintain even though I do CrossFit and am very active during the day. You may need to drop your calories. And also for me I can not have one cheat, EVER! Not a bite of something. Not a single glass of wine in a week.

Hang in there. You sound like you are within a relatively healthy weight range. Don't be so hard on yourself and focus on being healthy
  • 042kristy
    Options
    Yeah i probably shoud drop my calories i just find it hard to keep up energy for gym, work, life in general. But maybe my body just needs to get used to it.
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It takes time to get used to it and so it a little at a time. Also make sure healthy fats are intentionally put into your diet. Like olive oil or coconut oil on veggies. I even use a tsp of coconut oil in my coffee. Helps with satiation and energy
  • SarahPeters3
    SarahPeters3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If you're having a hard time with energy levels try only dropping your calories by 100 and make sure you're eating lots of protein from meats or other sources and fiber from veggies it makes a big difference I have steamed vegetables for dinner last night with a little rice and was full for the night!
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, not much shorter than you, but when I was at 146 lbs in Febuary, my weight loss calorie amount was around 1460 calories, for half a pound a week.

It sounds like your calorie goal is too high or perhaps you didn't enter your activity level as 'sedentary' when it should be set to that.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    042kristy wrote: »
    Yeah i probably shoud drop my calories i just find it hard to keep up energy for gym, work, life in general. But maybe my body just needs to get used to it.

Am I reading this right--you're doing an hour of weight training plus 45 minutes of cardio plus an hour of dog walking six days a week?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend dropping your calories. I would recommend making sure you are logging your entries correctly (avoiding homemade and generic) as well as weighing all of your food. Dropping your calories would cause more fatigue given your activity level. If you are working out 1:45 for 6 days a week you actually may be not eating enough.
  • Fluffy2Fit2Shredded
    Fluffy2Fit2Shredded Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Only thing I can add here is to second the note on dropping calories. 3500 cals per pound. If you're 500 less calories per day that's 1 pound per week list doing nothing. Just your normal daily activities. If not 500 then 250 less plus your workout where you burn more. Drop your sugar intake drastically and check how many grams of it instead of looking at calories. Consume carbs 4+ hrs before workout to use up the energy it will convert to. Increase your protein to build muscle. More muscle u have the more your body will burn fat just to maintain it. Get enough sleep 6-7hrs daily, very important. LOTS of water, I shoot for 21 cups or like 8 refills of those 24oz blender bottles (YouTube benefits of water) you'll definitely pee a lot but all the more excuse to get up and walk around if I have an office job. Take your multivitamins daily. Eat high volume low calorie foods and just add different homemade dips to change the Flavors (spinach, carrots, cauliflower, be coli, etc). And when you've lost weight consistently be sure to refeed once a week in place of "cheat days" (YouTube refeed and carb reload). That's good to start, the pounds will fall off, it did for me and I've tried everything in the past! Good luck!!
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend dropping your calories. I would recommend making sure you are logging your entries correctly (avoiding homemade and generic) as well as weighing all of your food. Dropping your calories would cause more fatigue given your activity level. If you are working out 1:45 for 6 days a week you actually may be not eating enough.

The accuracy of logging is important, but the bottom line is that, as the original poster said she has not only not lost weight, but has gained weight in 5 weeks, calorie intake has exceeded calorie burn.
  • GrnEyes839
    GrnEyes839 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering why the scale means so much... Have you taken measurements? If you're gaining muscle, your body is going to change and that might not reflect in the scale. Are your clothes fitting differently?