Best gadget

Options
Just bought a bicycle and was looking for an onboard computer and came across the Garmin Edge 305 and almost bought it. Tonight I noticed the Garmin Forerunner 305 which is more of a watch that does all the same things but can easily clip to a bike for riding, wrist for running and there's even a shoe holder for in the gym and such.

They both have built in HRM as well which is nice.

Anyone have any experience with this or something similar?

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Thanks

Replies

• lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have the 310xt...which you can swim with too. LOVE it! Garmin makes good stuff.
  • turnerjh
    turnerjh Posts: 17
    Options
    I have the Garmin Forerunner 305 since May 2009. I have logged close to 2,000 miles running since then and lots biking as well. I LOVE it! It makes me want to run/bike more. One of my favorites aspects is you can build workouts on the computer and download them to the Garmin for interval training, etc. I always run on the road so it is great to have something keep track of my mileage for me. It has definitely been worth it for me and Amazon has them for about $130.
  • censu67
    censu67 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I will order it today. I was nervous that it might be something I never use. But as the weight is shedding and my fitness increases, would be great to know how fast I run on some of the regular places I train. There's this one park where it's only 0.7 mile round, but very hilly. I did it 6 weeks ago in 6 min 37 seconds. I tried again 2 weeks ago and did it in 5 min 28 seconds and was super happy. I imagine a tool like the garmin will only help to push me further/harder.

Was wondering how good it would be if I took it kayaking. I imagine it's water resistant but not proof right? Maybe I'll put it around my neck in a zip lock or something. More for tracking the course vs speed.

I'll keep you posted.
  • blakeym
    blakeym Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    off topic but, which brand and model kayak are you using memro?