Fitbit..which one to buy?

Options
Finally buying a fitbit after trying a samsung fitness watch I received for Christmas. I want to buy the right one not just the most expensive one on the market. It would have to link to mfp, measure steps, sleep, calories burned, and is good on battery life. Would love to hear from fitbit users on their suggestions. Thx

Replies

• vikkiitoria
    vikkiitoria Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cjb3001
    cjb3001 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge and that ticks all those boxes for me. Only thing it doesn't really have is HRM (not too bothered about) but I'd love for it to be waterproof so I could swim with it but apart from that I've had my Charge for about 11 months and for me it really 'works'. Keeps me honest, makes me challenge myself and links to MFP easily. If you Google Fitbit comparison or something like that there are charts that show you exactly what each do and don't do :)
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I got the charge HR this week and I love. Ticks all the boxes as well as being nice to wear
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy with my fitbit Alta
  • AllSUMLIFE
    AllSUMLIFE Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on what you're looking for. I hate having stuff on my wrist because it often gets in the way (in my opinion) so I love my FitBit One. I've had it for years. I've also got a friend who's extremely happy with their FitBit Blaze.

I'd recommend comparing features & thinking through a typical day for when / how you would use it. :smile:
  • sharonandwyatt
    sharonandwyatt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge HR and I can honestly say I love it. I keep it on 24/7 except for charging every few days. Syncs easily with MFP. My first Fitbit didn't have the HR monitor so I traded it in for the one that does. Walking is my favorite exercise so I like to know when I'm getting my HR up into the cardio zone for burning more calories during my walks. Good luck on your decision
  • kylegeldmaker
    kylegeldmaker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem like a big deal, but the heart rate option is huge. I feel my charge HR is way more accurate than the standard model. Do yourself a favor and don't skimp on the HR
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem like a big deal, but the heart rate option is huge. I feel my charge HR is way more accurate than the standard model. Do yourself a favor and don't skimp on the HR

Came to say this. I'm a cheapskate most of the time but the HR is the way to go in my opinion. I broke my first one after the 1 year warranty was up (totally my fault, I was in a hurry and yanked it off the charger and broke it). I went ahead and bought the Charge HR again in a different color that same day. Can't recommend it more. The saving grace for me was it syncing calories burned to mfp. I've fallen off the wagon many times in the past because I was so, so hungry at the end of each day and had no cals left. Now I know that I wasn't being a pig, I just wayyy underestimated my burned calories. You certainly don't have to eat those cals back but knowing they are there is a huge comfort for me in knowing I'm still on track and not screwing up.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear from people who upgraded from a non HR model to a HR monitor device, and if there was a discrepancy in calories etc between the two??
    The only exercise I do is walking and just think a HR would be a waste of time for me..
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear from people who upgraded from a non HR model to a HR monitor device, and if there was a discrepancy in calories etc between the two??
    The only exercise I do is walking and just think a HR would be a waste of time for me..

The main exercise I do is walking (I guess even mowing the yard counts as walking), but I like the HR part. I was able to see just how out of shape I am...I took a 5K walk with my dog this weekend, it took us an hour, but my heart rate got up a little higher than it should have. I wasn't in pain or very much out of breath, so this HM was quite helpful. I think it will be useful as I exercise more and get in better shape. I love my Charge HR, and normally I am a cheapskate, but I think the HR was worth it. :smiley:
  • Tealhearts70
    Tealhearts70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and love it. I mostly do walking. It's been pretty accurate so far.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options

Comprehensive Testing Confirms Fitbit’s PurePulse™ Heart Rate Monitors “Highly Inaccurate”
  • breeze_brat
    breeze_brat Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the one and am happy with it
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I bought a zeroner, $30 and very happy with it
  • charlesfit1
    charlesfit1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Finally buying a fitbit after trying a samsung fitness watch I received for Christmas. I want to buy the right one not just the most expensive one on the market. It would have to link to mfp, measure steps, sleep, calories burned, and is good on battery life. Would love to hear from fitbit users on their suggestions. Thx

• charlesfit1
    charlesfit1 Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Unfortunately FitBit's are like a toy, fancy but not the best option. If you don't care about accuracy and just using it for walking or other ought active, I guess it's fine being that accuracy is not a big deal. Google: Fitbit class action lawsuit or Fitbit lawsuit for the latest lawsuit and class action suit in the works due to it being inaccurate. I'd say go with an even inexpensive polar, garmin or Mio if you want accuracy. Being about 20 bpm can be dangerous if training hard. I love my Polar v800. I returned a Fitbit, garmin, VivoSmart myself before I went back and purchased once again another polar. Always check EBay or Amazon for the lowest prices and many retailers match Amazon when sold by Amazon directly. If you already have a Fitbit, you can EBay it if you want to buy something more accurate. Fitbit is popular because of their marketing budget, not for their quality/accuracy of their products. Once you go Polar, you will not go back to any other brand. :smiley:
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One. I don't want or need an HRM. It syncs with mfp, sorta does sleep (I don't use it at night as I hate having "stuff" on me), counts my steps / mileage / stairs climbed / calories burned. Love it
  • bscmcse
    bscmcse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am really liking my blaze. My only complaint is that the HR can get a little wonky during high intensity work outs, but I loosen up the band and wear it a few inches up my wrist and it seems to work well.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have the one for a few years and love it. I am on the fence to upgrade. Debating on the Charge HR or the Alta.
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Charge HR. Love it.