Just Venting.

Options
tammycolbert
tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
edited June 2016 in Motivation and Support
I hate you stress. I hate you with all my heart and soul. Why can't I be a non eater when I am stressed. No I shove whatever I can in my mouth. This long *kitten* dragged out divorce is killing me and now my mom is sick and I am waiting on the letter stating my son isn't going to the 7th grade. This sucks. Like I said just a vent. I know what I need to do in my mind. Just need to actually listing to it.

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    <3 Hope this vent has helped you and that you feel better soon.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That is stressful! Hope things start improving.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Try running! Best stress relief available. And it's free!
  • SashEdwards
    SashEdwards Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sometimes letting it out helps, and hopefully it's done that - even for a short while. Seems like it'll take more than a slight post to help that. Stay strong...everything happens for a reason, even if we can't see it at the time. Things always get better, you'll get through it ;)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of stress eating.
    s6g318p5fmq3.gif
  • mjbehrendt
    mjbehrendt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I lost my wife to cancer about two years ago. I had two year old twins at the time along with two older step children and of course life in general didn't stop either.

I cant take the stress away but I can tell you to take care of yourself in the process. You can't control it all. If you could, none of this would have happened. Keep fighting and keep yourself well! If you would like to add me feel free. I know some of the feelings you have right now.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Best stress relief I've ever found is to get to the gym (or outside) and sweat it out. Like literally beat that stress to death to the point of feeling physically exhausted when you're done.
  • fabulousmo
    fabulousmo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible for you. This is a lot to deal with. Get out for a walk. Plug into some music and just walk. I could spout something fancy sounding about how placating the stress with a donut is ultimately making the problem worse, but you know that, we all do (it's why we're here). Sending support your way from sunny Canada!
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Stress is a tough one. Venting sounds like one good thing to do, at least you are doing that instead of eating. Good step right there.

Keep fighting.
  • tammycolbert
    Options
    mjbehrendt wrote: »
    I lost my wife to cancer about two years ago. I had two year old twins at the time along with two older step children and of course life in general didn't stop either.

I cant take the stress away but I can tell you to take care of yourself in the process. You can't control it all. If you could, none of this would have happened. Keep fighting and keep yourself well! If you would like to add me feel free. I know some of the feelings you have right now.

Thank you so much. My mom was just diagnosed with cancer and it is killing me. She is my everything. I know I have to be here for her as much as my kids. I need to get the mind set that I can't control everything.
  • tammycolbert
    Options
    OMG thank you all so much just for reading and understanding what I am dealing with. I know there are others that are so far worse off then I am, but right now, this is my far much worse. One day at a time, one day at a time.
  • nursecasg
    nursecasg Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am so sorry. That is definitely quite a bit to deal with all at once. I am in a stressful time as well right now, but the only thing I can control is my health. So I start with that. I cannot control all this other stuff going on outside, so start with the one thing I CAN control. I wish you the best and you are very right, one day at a time!
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hang in there
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I understand. Sometimes you need to scream out into the ether so you can feel heard.

Contentious divorces are the worst, and worrying about your son, ack, that cuts deep. I hope you have better days very soon.
  • BigMike0929
    BigMike0929 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about everything you are going through. Talking and venting definitely helps. Praying for your mom. I lost my mother in law to cancer a few months back. It will get better
  • Smile72
    Smile72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Woosah!!! Breathe in, breathe out. So sorry you are going through so much at one time. I hope better days are ahead for you. Vent away!!!
  • LittleSharrie
    LittleSharrie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is a rough spell you are having! Here's a virtual hug, things can only get better xx
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    go walk/run into middle of nowhere and then f and blind at some trees, sky etc :)
  • LizSmith55
    LizSmith55 Posts: 77 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi @tammyturcotte...I 100% understand. In late 2010 my husband came home from his job of 15 years to tell us he was being laid off. In early 2011, my then 5 year old son, was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. For almost 2 years my family lived in a hospital trying to save him and sadly he lost his battle in 12-12. My husband, who was still without a job as of 2012, found work making half of his original salary & the medical bills were staggering (like loose your house staggering.) In early 2015, due to a well earned promotion for hubby, we moved across country (this move nearly killed me with stress) and my now now 12 year daughter suffers from anxiety disorders due to her brother's passing & having a tough time fitting into this new school & environment. I TOO was waiting to hear if she would even move along to 7th grade due to her setbacks (she made it by the skin of her teeth but I was totally prepared.) SOOOO I totally get it. I don't have any magic bullet answer for you. Through these past 5 years of utter chaos in mine & my families lives, I can tell you that stress can be literally debilitating. Last year, after we had settled in to our new 'home state' I was feeling so terrible. I seriously thought I maybe very sick...after going to get a physical....I was told I had border line high BP, borderline high cholesterol & I had early onset diabetes. PLUS every bone in my body ached...like ALL the time. To be honest....NONE of it was surprising. So I said to my doctor "So to sum up this report....the ONLY thing I have wrong with me is....I'm fat. Because if I actually lost some weight....all of these issues would most likely disappear." She scolded me for being negative but in the end...she agreed. SOOOO....I changed it and I must tell you...all of those awful symptoms subsided. I tell you all of this as a cautionary tale. IF you can avoid getting to the point where you yourself think you maybe DYING due to stress...if you can stave it off by figuring out a way to do SOMETHING for yourself during this period of time...all I can say please do. You have heard so many people suggest exercise and I agree with them (it's like magic) but when I was very heavy (still am just it a bit better place) I joined that cheap gym ($10 per month) Planet Fitness & I fell in love with an elliptical machine. The elliptical became my best friend. I would wake up before anyone in my house & head out to that gym (at like 5AM) & get on that elliptical & sweat my *kitten* off for an hour every morning. That machine is not at ALL hard on your body/joints etc. & I would watch my favorite mindless show on one of their 1,000 TV's & give myself that hour before I had to return to the hell which was my life back then. It probably is the only thing that kept me from a coronary during that time but GOOD LUCK & keep us posted and I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. Cancer is an evil, evil thing.
  • Pommom128
    Pommom128 Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm a stress eater too!!! Like you I had a lot of stuff happen in the last 3 years! And food was the only thing that seemed to comfort me..I knew I shouldn't do it..but at the time I didn't care..just recently I looked in the mirror and asked myself..what have you done!!!...I gained 50 pounds in the coarse of 3 years!!..I decided to stop the madness!!! I'm going to do this for me...and the sad thing is..3 years ago I weighed 128 pounds!!! So sorry to hear about your mom..sending prayers..I know how you feel..my dad was recently diagnosed with cancer also :'(