Chicken and Asparagus with Creamy Mushroom Marsala Sauce on

Options
abbyko
abbyko Posts: 108
If you're at all like me, you're really missing wonderful creamy pan sauces, marsala sauce, mushroom sauce....... So today I decided to give making a light version a try. Oh god did it work!

Serves 2

Maple Leaf Dijon and Herb Marinated Chicken Breasts (2 breasts - 160 cals each)
1 cup Minute Rice 10 minute Brown Rice
2 green onions chopped
100g asparagus cut into pieces
70g cremini mushrooms chopped
2 tbsp marsala wine
2 tsp Maille Horseradish Dijon Mustard
1 tsp grainy mustard (not dijon)
1 tbsp light mayo
2 wedges light laughing cow cheese
2/3 cup beef broth
1 tsp cornstarch and a little extra water for mixing (if needed)
s & p

Cook the rice according to the package directions (half of it cooked is 150 cals)

Preheat oven to 425. Heat and oven proof pan and spray with pam just before adding chicken and sear the chicken on one side. Flip the chicken and put in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and take the chicken out of the pan and let rest covered loosely with foil.

Put the pan on the stove over med heat (don't touch the handle like I did) and add the stock and scrape up any juices and bits stuck to the bottom (for awesome flavour). Add mushrooms and cook until they're starting to get soft. Don't boil it like crazy or all the liquid will evaporate. Add the asparagus and the wine, mustards and mayo and stir. Add the cheese and mash it about with a spoon so it breaks up and melts. Taste and add salt and pepper as required. If it's not quite thick enough mix the cornstarch with a bit of water (1/4 cup max) and stir in and cook until it thickens up.

Divide the rice onto 2 plates, slice each chicken breast and place one on top of each serving of rice. Top each with half the sauce. Enjoy!

Mine came out to 415 - 422 calories per serving.

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome..bump
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    Bumppp!!!! and hi!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    bump - yum :-)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    bump
  • abbyko
    abbyko Posts: 108
    Options
    If you're at all like me, you're really missing wonderful creamy pan sauces, marsala sauce, mushroom sauce....... So today I decided to give making a light version a try. Oh god did it work!

Serves 2

Maple Leaf Dijon and Herb Marinated Chicken Breasts (2 breasts - 160 cals each)
    1 cup Minute Rice 10 minute Brown Rice
    2 green onions chopped
    100g asparagus cut into pieces
    70g cremini mushrooms chopped
    2 tbsp marsala wine
    2 tsp Maille Horseradish Dijon Mustard
    1 tsp grainy mustard (not dijon)
    1 tbsp light mayo
    2 wedges light laughing cow cheese
    2/3 cup beef broth
    1 tsp cornstarch and a little extra water for mixing (if needed)
    s & p

Cook the rice according to the package directions (half of it cooked is 150 cals)

Preheat oven to 425. Heat and oven proof pan and spray with pam just before adding chicken and sear the chicken on one side. Flip the chicken and put in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and take the chicken out of the pan and let rest covered loosely with foil.

Put the pan on the stove over med heat (don't touch the handle like I did) and add the stock and scrape up any juices and bits stuck to the bottom (for awesome flavour). Add mushrooms and cook until they're starting to get soft. Don't boil it like crazy or all the liquid will evaporate. Add the asparagus and the wine, mustards and mayo and stir. Add the cheese and mash it about with a spoon so it breaks up and melts. Taste and add salt and pepper as required. If it's not quite thick enough mix the cornstarch with a bit of water (1/4 cup max) and stir in and cook until it thickens up.

Divide the rice onto 2 plates, slice each chicken breast and place one on top of each serving of rice. Top each with half the sauce. Enjoy!

Mine came out to 415 - 422 calories per serving.

Forgot to mention that you put the green onion in the sauce right before serving!
  • JLB05
    JLB05 Posts: 16
    Options
    saving this!!
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks!