Finally getting the hang of this

Options
I started using myfitnesspal on my phone about a week ago today, and have lost about 5 lbs. already. I didn't initially input my beginning weight, which was 244 lbs. I use to lift weights and play basketball daily, and since a serious life change, I stopped playing basketball. I then began to lift weights heavily and went from 195 lbs. to 220 lbs., which was my goal. Unfortunately, due to a serious of injuries and a foot operation, my weight continued to climb. I have only been minimally successful at times in trying to get my weight back down to 200 lbs., and hit a low of about 217 lbs. Now 40 yrs. young, I'm sick of being this heavy and would like to return to a slimmer, yet muscular me. The information that I've used so far has been fantastic in motivating me thus far! I look forward to keeping an eye on what I eat, exercising regularly, and knocking off inches & weight.

Replies

• freshmenthesis
    freshmenthesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am only 5 foot one and my "rock bottom" was weighing in at the doctor's office at 214 lbs in 2007. Since then I have slowly turned it all around and got down to164lbs. I am still working on my ultimate goal, of course. It is a long (and winding) road but you can do it! We are all in it together.
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    Options
    glad to help any time
  • TSimpson5
    TSimpson5 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks and congratulations!!