Looking for friends over 50 for support & motivation

Options
LisaC718
LisaC718 Posts: 6 Member
edited June 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi. My name is Lisa and I am looking for those of you over 50 years old like myself for support & motivation. I have been on myfitnesspal for a year now and have lost 18 lbs in the first 6 months, but have been plateau'd for the last 6 months. I need to lose another 50 lbs. I have been depressed for the past several months because I don't know what direction my life is taking and I think the stress is not helping. If you would like to be my friend, please send me a friend request. Together we may be able to help motivate each other.

Replies

• tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I just started back and have between 80-100 to loose. I really need to watch the carbs and get moving (that is my big problem).
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 couple mths ago and coming out of a dark cloud myself, maybe crazy hormonal changes but I don't want to feel like that ever again
  • alpine_dog
    alpine_dog Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hear ya...turned 50 in January. Used MFP very successfully 2 years ago but have regained some back since then. What worked then for me no longer works due to menopause, doc told me to cut back another 200 or so cals from my daily intake, sigh. So here I am, but I'm starting to get used to this and could also use some accountability. Feel free to add me.
  • TheHappyLoser
    TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am having a whiny day today, but would be more than happy to support you on your weightloss journey. I am 52 years young, just feel old today. :-). I started here 21 days ago.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Wish I had started over at 50 but waited until 54. Now 56 down 60lbs and feeling so much better. Still another 50 to go. Feel free to add if you wish:)
  • ChristineEll
    ChristineEll Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I smiled when I saw this thread because sometimes it seems like everyone on here is twenty-something. Congrats to them for getting healthy now but the over 50 folks face some special challenges. I am restarting today and could sure use the support and motivation fellow MFP folks provide. Feel free to add me.
  • lvs1991
    lvs1991 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will join the group. 54 years old, lost 15lbs last year and then regained them over the winter months. So I began again.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, and finding losing a tough proposition. I would like to have friends my age to compare notes with. Feel free to add me. :)
  • 4kuykesh
    4kuykesh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Add me too. Turned 50 in January and I cannot seem to get handle on this. A number of issues with various hormones but I'm back on and trying to lose 30 lbs.
  • jlvanhoven
    jlvanhoven Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm in. Age definitely plays a unique role in weight, especially for women. I have at least 25 to lose. Not easy.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Anyone here..feel free to add me..I am 57 and started on here in March..I weighed 308# March 1st and Monday, when I weighed in..I was 258.2# almost 50 pounds down! I'll be glad to offer anyone support!nfbpg33nnk23.jpg
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. I'll talk.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 51 love mfp. Don't like problems with the app. Have a great hump day
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 56 years old and have lost 17 lbs from when I got serious a few months ago.

My goal for today is to make sure i get 64 oz of water in. I'm working on making lifestyle changes one baby step at a time so that I make it a habit and not something I hate and resent! :smile:
  • bevkeller81
    bevkeller81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 56 and have all the same problems. I know if I was more active I would lose more weight. But I'll be honest I never liked exercise. I get down on myself when I see my husband. He had gastric bypass and lost 100 lbs and looks fantastic. In my poor me moments I feel I will never be thin again ....
  • blondieshan916316
    blondieshan916316 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Trying to lose weight is so frustrating. I have lost 15 but have been stuck there for awhile now. My husband is one of those who loves working out and is in great shape. He doesn't really understand my weight problem. Sigh. Its great we can support each other!
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Add me if u like
  • Stevesmith49
    Stevesmith49 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello, please feel free to add me.
    I'm 51 and just recently come back to MFP, I started at 246 pound and currently am at 236, I want to get to 190.
    I have fibromyalgia but feel better for the gentle excersise each day.
    Good luck, don't look back or forward just live each moment and you will achieve your goal.

Steve x
  • kelliebetz297
    kelliebetz297 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I am beginning my journey of. 70+ to shed.
  • Haggishare
    Haggishare Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want..... I've lost over 4 stone..... Hit a bit of a wall since January, but back on track now