The end of hiits

Im currently doing hiit on my exercise bike and I went from 30 sprint 60 rest to 30 sprint 45 rest for 12 repititions.
I saw a plan online that said do 2 weeks of 15-60 then 30-60, 30-30, 60-30, 60-15 all for 2 weeks at a time. But then what? how long do I have to wait to start Hiit again?

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    HIIT sessions are great forms of cardio. Another really effective way (better than just on a bike with low resistance) is to do all out sprints for 10-20 seconds with a couple minutes in between or car pushes. If you do that for 4-8 sets, you'll be wiped out.

You can do them a few times/week if you like. I don't see why you'd have to stop for a period of time.
  • beany90a
    beany90a Posts: 31 Member
    I'll look into doing different types of hiit.
    My worry was that my body would get used to it and I would have to stop for a period
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    When my body gets used to hiit i turn up the resistance a bit. i do it like 3-4 times a week if i have the time.
  • frankfighter
    frankfighter Posts: 25 Member
    I have seen people have great results from doing say insanity, then p90x, then back to insanity... just a thought on maybe do something different each month.