The obligatory introduction...

Options
staindgal
staindgal Posts: 58 Member
Hello everyone!

I have tried to lose weight in the past, but hadn't weighed myself in a LONG time before I stepped on the scale this morning... Now I understand why I'm short of breath all the time and even lazier than my uber-lazy self had been! The scale said 397 pounds, and it sounds stupid, but I couldn't believe it was true...

I decided to start fresh today in an effort to regain my health!

My name is Bridget, I just turned 34 years-old, and I live in Florida, USA. I have been married for nearly 11 years to my wonderful (if enabling) husband Shaun, and we have a plethora of furry children. I work as a registered nurse, teaching health and wellness to my patients while I hide behind bags of fast food... But no more!

Hoping to use this site as an extra source of accountability and encouragement! Thank you for having me!

Replies

• aloise08
    aloise08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! You got this! Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd love to see your progress and although we're at different weight loss goals we can still keep each other accountable and encourage each other! :) My name is Emily!
  • JoAnneEmond
    JoAnneEmond Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Bridget, I'm JoAnne and also live in Florida. I also weighed nearly 400 lbs at my highest, and unable to stick to any sort of diet. I had the stomach surgery and 130 lbs fell off. But for the last 2 years I've been stuck around 250-ish. I had fallen back into my old bad eating habits of over eating (which stretched out my smaller stomach) and eating junk. Today is day 2 of my recording my food and exercise. Thank god for the pool, too hot outside to walk and I can't afford a treadmill. Good luck with your weight loss journey and by all means add me to your friends if you'd like. We can motivate each other. :)
  • staindgal
    staindgal Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!