Easy cook recipes, UK

Options
AshleighAnn72
AshleighAnn72 Posts: 83 Member
Hi, I'm from the UK and I need some easy recipes with low calories that'll actually fill me up. I usually shop at asda so anything from there would be fab... :)
Also if you have any cheap ideas that's great to :D

Replies

• Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you want to be full up eat protein or good fat (avocados) and lots of fibre foods like vegetables (not potatoes) and fruit.
    Eggs are quick and contain protein (try a frittata, layer sliced veg in a dish and pour over beaten egg, bake until cooked through)
    Fish is quick and contains protein (try making a spicy sauce with a tin of chopped tomatoes and poach the fish in it, serve with steamed veg)
    Red lentils are super quick to cook, contain protein and fibre. (look up dal recipes online, you can also make lentil loaf which can be eaten cold for days out)
    Any soup is filling. (Veg soup is any veg plus stock and herbs or spices, boil until veg is cooked, blend smooth if you prefer smooth soup)

If you want potato (baked, mashed, roasted) use sweet potatoes.
    Instead of rice, pasta or potatoes eat a big pile of steamed veg.
    Instead of bread use lettuce leaves to wrap your fillings.

Eat when you are hungry, if you wait you'll be too hungry to eat slowly and more likely to binge on the wrong things.
    Snack on nuts, raw veg (carrots, swede), fruits (particularly apples)

If you like avocado eat one for lunch with a side salad. The simpler the better.

Good luck
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashleigh, one I go for.....

In the slow cooker.

Tin of chopped tomatoes
    Chicken breast
    Cut up chorizo pieces
    Few squirts of tomato puree
    Small spoon of chipotle paste (it's hot so don't go overboard)
    Salt, pepper, chilli powder
    Stock cube.

Leave it in and stir occasionally but it gives good portions and tastes real nice. The chicken gets soft and easily shreds too which helps with the portion sizes.

Hope that kind of helps
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • bigizzy
    bigizzy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Shopping list recommendation - Frozen salmon fillets (skinless and boneless).

Can be cooked in 7 minutes

2 minutes - fillet in microwave
    5 minutes - in a pan with a small amount of simmering water, turn twice.

Pick filling sides
    Sweet potatoe mash with egg benidict (the yolk makes a sauce so it's not dry)

veg ( look for frozen veg, I've started using it recently and it take a couple of minutes in boiling water)