Returning user... app issues

Options
So I've been back in "weight loss" mode since February, using only my Fitbit Charge HR and the associated app, but I find the food database to be pretty horrible. So yesterday I decided to start using MyFitnessPal again, as I remember the food logging and diary settings to be much better.

Issue #1. One of the reasons I switched back to MFP is that you *used* to be able to log food ahead of time, i.e. when making my lunch tonight for work tomorrow, I could go ahead and log that in. I tried that Monday night, pre-logging my breakfast, lunch and snacks for Tuesday, but they simply disappeared into the ether.

I was, however, able to copy an entire meal from one day to the next, so I simply created those meals for Monday, then copied them to Tuesday and deleted them from Monday.

Issue #2. I noticed last night after logging dinner that the food syncing between MFP and Fitbit were WAY off. While everything was fine in MFP, showing around 1900 calories consumed between breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, Fitbit was showing that I'd consumed around 2500 calories... there was no breakfast logged... snacks and lunch were there, but both had 2 entries, both with different calorie values, neither of which matching what I actually logged, and no dinner was shown.

So I deleted everything from Fitbit, unlinked everything, logged out of everything, waited about an hour, then linked everything back up again.... then it finally synced correctly. So far, I've had no further issues with today's numbers syncing up, but just wanted to know if this is something that's going to be happening a lot.

I found several threads from last October, and as recently as February where people were having this issue, but nothing since.... so I was surprised when I apparently was having this same issue.

Anyway, I'm back... and I'm down a little over 18lbs since getting back on the weight loss train... just figured I'd try and make life a little simpler by going back to a tool that hopefully will work better for food tracking.

Replies

• ellebreedlove42
    ellebreedlove42 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yeah for whatever reason there's been a lot of app issues. Possibly from updates or increased member population, or both! Welcome back, how amazing is your Fitbit ? I'm thinking about getting one....
  • BWright1175
    BWright1175 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the Fitbit! I started out a couple years ago with the Flex. Decided to upgrade last year, and was only planning on upgrading to the Charge, but I didn't like the "push to close" clasp, and noticed the Charge HR had a standard watch clasp, so I spent the extra money for the HR. Now I don't think I'll ever have another activity tracker that doesn't monitor heart rate, as it makes a big difference in my workouts!