Linda.... I live in FL, am recovering from cancer surgery

Options
I have recently decided that it's time to eat totally healthy - lots of veggies, only white meat and fish (as recommended by my Dr) some fruit and whole grains, and NO sugar.

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! restricting yourself that much might be a difficult thing to maintain but maybe a good thing to try to do! Log your food, use a food scale and eat at a calorie deficit for weight loss. If you are really eating mainly the above, the food will go a long way!
  • JoAnneEmond
    JoAnneEmond Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda. JoAnne here. I too live in FL. Glad you are recovering, hope they got it all. Good luck with your weight loss and life style changes.
  • musicbox49
    musicbox49 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, it took a tongue surgery and removing the lymph nodes from my neck, but now I believe that it's all gone. I've been doing lots of research on nutrition & exercise and cancer, and I believe that those are two areas that I can be in control of. I start radiation next week, as this cancer is very aggressive. But my increase in exercise and new way of eating I feel are ways to also keep from having another occurrence. The radiation will certainly help with weight loss! And I did lose 8 lbs after the tongue surgery. Neither are ways I would have chosen, however!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Welcome Linda. I am at also from Florida and so sorry to hear about your cancer.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, Welcome :smiley:
  • classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am a Floridan too. Good luck to you.
  • musicbox49
    musicbox49 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks you, every one! I'll keep you posted.