Off track over the weekend.

Options
So I did great for two weeks straight! Over the weekend I gained 5 pounds I'm guessing water weight. I over ate and skipped the gym.... I had my mind set of getting back on track today. I did great up until I picked my son up from daycare. He wasn't feeling well so I skipped the gym again and took him to Cracker Barrel. This made him very happy but now I'm miserable from again over eating!! I feel my hard work has gone down the drain over four days of overeating and no gym.... any advice to help me get back on track?

Replies

• mom2wessarah
    mom2wessarah Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a break. If you think you're doing "badly" that might just get you off track for good. Just start again tomorrow. If you go to Cracker Barrel, just try to make a good choice. You know you can focus on being healthy, you've done it for a few weeks!
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    This is where "just do it" actually applies :) The water will come off - just keep hydrated and resume your regular eating plan.
  • Pascoe76
    Pascoe76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself its ok to have bad days its normal. don't give up and push past it. its hard to be strict all the time with so many temptations around for eg this site advertises Dominos Pizza. just get back on the saddle and keep going !!
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I was totally off track this weekend! Just get back on track tomorrow. If it will make you feel better psychologically, add some extra activity beyond your gym time (squeeze in 20 extra minutes at the gym or add a walk into your day). I didn't eat any processed foods today to "atone" for my wknd. I figured it would encourage a drop in water weight and would give me some extra nutrition that I may have been missing over the holiday. Good luck!
  • higgjr
    higgjr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way today. Trying to not worry about it and be back on track this week!
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I love Cracker Barrel. Don't get discouraged, original poster. You're barely getting started, keep at it! One weekend is nothing in the long run. Onward and upward.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Cracker Barrel has some lower calorie meals called "Wholesome Fixin's"
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Same situation for me - great 2 weeks, crazy off track weekend all three days and now PMS. Hoping to now start a new 2 weeks. But per the scale, gained back all I lost.
  • jackslovely
    jackslovely Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a 7 day vacation where i set my goals to maintenance but im sure i went over due to the drinking and got on the scale and saw +7lbs...not freaking out because i know most is water weight, plus my feet and ankles are puffy from it im sure. After being back on track for a couple days im expecting only like 2 real lbs to be left.
  • GrnEyes839
    GrnEyes839 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What about working out at home in your leisure? Is that a possibility?
  • daz2270
    daz2270 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I managed to gain 7lb in 3 days! Don't beat yourself up about it. Slip ups happen. Just get back to your regular routine and the weight will start to come off again.
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I fell off the wagon hard last week and then spent the weekend visiting a friend in NYC. I woke up yesterday morning, looked at my stomach and thought "what the hell happened there?", weighed myself and I'm up like 5 lbs... probably all water. I had a momentary lapse where I thought "well, to hell with it, maybe I should just give up." I took a few breaths, pulled myself together and reminded myself that failure is not what happens when you fall down, failure is what happens when you refuse to get up. You've got this!!!!!
  • justincooper405
    justincooper405 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even consider this a slip up, the weight gain will drop back off in no more than 5 days of eating well, if I barely over eat and skip exercise for a few days I can gain 10 LBS in water retention and full belly of food,

I start drinking lots of water and and following my goals and before I know it is am seeing positive results again.

I take breaks when I need them, for me watching what I eat needs to be attainable for the long run. It gets easier and easier to stay on track my breaks get spaced out further and further

• Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I gained 4.4 pounds over Memorial Day weekend. :( But I'm right back on track again. I'm hoping next week's weigh-in will be 4.4 DOWN and that it's all water weight. I'm sure yours is the same. Just don't give up and do what you know has been working for you for the two weeks prior.
    5229779.png
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Yep it'll be water weight. I eat at slight deficit even at maintenance so I can splurge on the weekends guilt free. Weekly total calories are what matter overall.
  • kaylaross161214
    kaylaross161214 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So far so good... went back to my regular routine and out of the 5 pounds I only have .40 holding on! Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    So far so good... went back to my regular routine and out of the 5 pounds I only have .40 holding on! Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

Yay! I'm back on track too! Doesn't it feel reassuring that a weekend of indulgence won't ruin anything and is just a (tasty) part of life?
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Back on track for 2 days - still holding extra weight... uugh
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Let's all get together and go for a ride on this roller-coaster next month. Again.