Weighing once a week or daily?

Options
Hoe often do you guys weigh and track yourself on mfp?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Once a month or so.
  • Steven_626
    Steven_626 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Daily. Depends on your goals and your mentality. For it me it helps me ensure I am on the right track while taking weekly progress pics
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and then I go to OCDville and track it in a spreadsheet, along with calories in & out and notes. I only update it in MFP when there's a big enough different to matter to my nutrition stats.
  • vegirunner
    vegirunner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily too, as long as you accept there will be a little fluctuation due to when you've eaten, worked out ect and don't stress about it it's fine, you can still see the overall trend but in my opinion it's more accurate because you can take an average every week of 7 weigh ins not just 1 :)
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I do daily with progress pics every week or so. Sometimes I'll do pics daily if I'm in the mood lol.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log it in MFP, I weigh and measure weekly and track it in a spreadsheet and in MFP.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Daily, and honestly sometimes more than once. Once is plenty.
  • BigMike0929
    BigMike0929 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and it gets recorded automatically with MFP. Find it helps keep me on track but I am also aware of the daily fluctuations in weight. I also use trendweight.com which shows the long term trending of my weight. Helps me decide if I am on the right track or not.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't see how weighing daily is useful and is more likely to stress you out. Weigh once a week same time, place and clothes ( or no clothes ). You're more likely to see positive changes thus feel positive ☺
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Every morning. More out of habit than anything.
  • gboybama
    gboybama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Every morning after my shower. Being able to track the trends and noticing how exactly my trend follows my CICO has helped me mentally link the undeniable math of CICO to the weight that shows up on the scale. That is key for me.
  • marcar4
    marcar4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and every night before bed. I log my weight on mfp once a week on Wednesday.
    Weighing yourself every day doesn't work for everyone, I realize for some it can add stress, lead to lack of motivation etc. but it helps keep me accountable and knowing I'm on the right track, even though there are many fluctuations throughout the week
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It's all about what you think will work best for you. I weigh myself daily and log it almost every day. I like to see the trends and have more information. It's good to see the reaction I have to certain foods and I know that a small increase here and there isn't going to upset me.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You have to do what's best for you.

Personally, I weigh every morning. But I can handle the ups and downs - and trust me, there are lots! I've learned to look at the trend, so daily fluctuations don't affect my mood. When I first started, I would get so disheartened, so I'm happy I've learned my lesson - weight loss isn't linear (repeat that 10 times a day).
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I personally am a daily weigher but I only log once a week and I do skip some days but I am pretty consistent during the week. Weighing in daily works for me, it keeps me honest. I can mentally deal with daily fluctuations due to food, salt and working out. But it seems when I don't weight daily I spiral out of control fairly fast and all of the sudden I'm twenty pounds heavier. You do what's best for you, only you can figure that out.

• MrsHull840
    MrsHull840 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily to keep me focused on counting my calories. But, I only log once a week and only if there's a loss or significant gain.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Daily helps me keep things in check and also helps to establish trends in the long run. Try an app like Happyscale.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Weigh daily, log in Happy Scale daily, log in MFP for each new low, I fluctuate a lot.
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I WI once a week in MFP on Fridays. But I weigh myself every morning or wveryother morning