Is high prolactin the cause of no weight loss

Options
Hi I am 24 years old 6 ft 5 350 pounds. I started out at 2500 calories and gradually went down to 1500 and still am not losing any weight. I went and had my blood work done and found out testosterone was extremely low, I'm in process of fixing that. I also found out my prolactin is very high. I am going to my gp to ask for somthibg to lower the prolactin. Could prolactin be somthing that's causing no weight loss? My thyroid t3 and t4 are good. I count calories acuratley and have been at this for 4 months. I'm also on a lot of medications that have probably caused these issues. I'm coming off most of my meds except the ones I need and I will see if that helps aswell. Is high prolactin linked to in ability to lose weight? Thankyou

Replies

• kimwitt2009
    kimwitt2009 Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I had extremely high prolactin when I was 18. I was found to have a pituitary tumor. Most of it was successfully removed. I have had hormonal issues every since. I am now 49. I have thyroid issues, insulin resistance, low growth hormone. It does make weight loss harder. Feel free to friend me if you have questions. The medicine to lower prolactin always made me very sick.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    These are questions to be asking your doctor, not mfp. Sorry kid.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I had extremely high prolactin when I was 18. I was found to have a pituitary tumor. Most of it was successfully removed. I have had hormonal issues every since. I am now 49. I have thyroid issues, insulin resistance, low growth hormone. It does make weight loss harder. Feel free to friend me if you have questions. The medicine to lower prolactin always made me very sick.

What's your status now.? Friend me.