In need of something more challenging that 30DS

funkyspunky871
funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
**challenging than

I did the 30DS and completed all thirty days (with two pound weights) around a year ago when I was 270ish pounds. It was hard back then even when I was hardly doing any of the moves!

I decided 6 days ago to redo the 30DS. The first day was pretty tough because it'd been a while since I had done any strength training, and I was now using 4 pound weights. Now, I've just completed Day 6 using 8 pound weights for most of it. It's TOO easy. The cardio is a joke. My heart rate actually drops when I do jumping jacks! In the end, I did end up breaking a nice sweat -- but I only burned 206 calories. (Compare that to 125 calories burned with just ten minutes of yoga!!)

I hate not to finish what I've already started, but I almost feel like the 30DS is a waste of my time! Lol. I would move on Level 2 and 3, but I'm pretty OCD and I had planned on doing each level for ten days. Anyways... I probably will continue with the Shred, but I wanted to get some suggestions on something more challenging that I can do with it. Is Jillian's 6-week 6 pack any good?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    If you like her methodology, try Ripped in 30. It is much harder.
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    glad to help in any way I can/have a few ideas and I am a certified personal fitness teacher
  • funkyspunky871
    If you like her methodology, try Ripped in 30. It is much harder.

Never heard of that one. Thanks. :flowerforyou:
  • nseuell
    nseuell Posts: 110
    Just move up a level! Add heavier weights, too - I bet you will be feeling sore afterwards :)
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    I'm doing Ripped in 30 now and I also find the cardio bits not that great. I usually do the moves twice as fast or just make stuff up to get my heartrate up.

It doesn't have to be HARD to be effective.
  • funkyspunky871
    Looked up some reviews for Ripped in 30, and it sounds just like what I need! I might just have to get over this bout of OCD and quit the 30DS to do this one instead. Just gotta pretend like today was never Day 6! Lol. Thanks guys!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    8 lb weights are for weenies... try 20 lbs.

(Ok, I'm only kidding... a little)

But I AM a big fan of women using HEAVY weights.

Try "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" by Lou Schuler - it's a $10 book with 6 months of strength training work-outs. Kicks my butt every other day. Plus tightens it too! Woo-hoo!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Yes do the ripped in 30 i am doing it after the shred. I have been doing it with 5lb weights. it does work your body good though. i am getting defined from it.
  • funkyspunky871
    8 lb weights are for weenies... try 20 lbs.

(Ok, I'm only kidding... a little)

Whew. :noway: 1.) I don't have 20 pound weights and 2.) I think even most men would have trouble doing the shred with 20 pounders! Lol. :laugh:
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    You could always do P90X. :smile:

I did 30DS as well as another workout w/ Jillian Michaels. I'm not impressed by her training style at all, so I personally didn't stick with it for too long. But I have been very impressed with the beachbody products so far. But if you love Jillian, there's certainly nothing wrong w/ just checking out other recommendations.

Good job getting back into it!
  • funkyspunky871
    You could always do P90X. :smile:

I did 30DS as well as another workout w/ Jillian Michaels. I'm not impressed by her training style at all, so I personally didn't stick with it for too long. But I have been very impressed with the beachbody products so far. But if you love Jillian, there's certainly nothing wrong w/ just checking out other recommendations.

Good job getting back into it!

I've done most of the P90X workouts. I really like the cardio videos (LOVE plyometrics), but I prefer Jillian's method of strength training. Just needed something more! Thanks though! :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    I am on day 12 of the shred and like yourself found it that it didnt challenge me enough. So I do the levels back to back! Am on level two now! And boy its tough!
This discussion has been closed.