Question about loosing inches?

Options
I have been cutting my calorie intake and exercising with the 30 day shred 3 days a week and pilates 4 days a week (usually) and I can't seem to understand why my belly flab (giving thanks to my 3 year old). won't go away. It is just getting hard as a rock now instead of staying flabby. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

Replies

• shayk80
    shayk80 Posts: 56
    Options
    I have been cutting my calorie intake and exercising with the 30 day shred 3 days a week and pilates 4 days a week (usually) and I can't seem to understand why my belly flab (giving thanks to my 3 year old). won't go away. It is just getting hard as a rock now instead of staying flabby. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Rock is better than flab:bigsmile: How long have you been working out? Unfortunately it takes time to develop abs of steel, hang in there you will get there! I admire you willingness to work out so hard that is something I am working on. Have you seen any difference in measurement?

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • shayk80
    Options
    Oh Amy, I agree with you, rock is better then flab. But Instead of looking 5 months pregnant with it being flabby, it is not getting to be a rock hard 5 month prego belly. LOL

I started dieting and exercising 2 weeks ago. I also took measurements last week, but haven't checked since. I don't want to disappoint myself.
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Fat in your belly region isn't going to be just between the skin and muscle - it's going to be in your belly itself, packed around your organs and liver and such. Actually that kind of fat is important for insulating and protecting your organs, as long as you don't have too much of it. Simply strengthening your abdominal muscles won't magically make that fat disappear overnight - the only way to do that is to slowly decrease your overall body fat and weight. Don't worry, keep working at it like you are, and you'll see results, just be patient! And kudos on the workout schedule! :flowerforyou:
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem.... if I gain a pound or two, you can bet it will be in the belly region....

I've asked and asked about how to get rid of it... the answer cardio.... constantly... takes a long time since it goes from the inside out. Don't give up... it is possible... just takes time.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    We all have a problem area! Mine is the belly too. For some people it is the hips.

Unfortunately, the first place you put the weight on is also the last place you will lose it. Blame your DNA. :laugh:
  • shayk80
    Options
    Thanks guys for the replys'. I guess it also doesn't help that I had my son by C-section and the doc who put me back together didn't do such a hot job. Even the plastic surgeon I used to work for said, his staple job was sloppy.