Heathy desert to satisfy my sweet tooth

Options
Ktjc2016
Ktjc2016 Posts: 37 Member
Need some healthy desert ideas! It doesn't necessarily need to be low calorie as I am underweight as it is just not too high in added sugar and fit my macros! For example I usually have total 0% Greek yoghurt with banana and peanut butter however I've had that for the last 4 months and need new ideas! I also often have a square or two of 85% chocolate

Replies

• delineationfiguration
    delineationfiguration Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and cream? One of my favourites and you can really get some calories in there from the cream, if you do not try to avoid it ;) You could also bake some stuff yourself, lowering the sugar and replacing it with better options. Low-carb pancakes and low-carb waffles are nice - both containing a good amount of protein. A low-sugar hot chocolate can be helpful for a calorie boost if you make it with whole milk - even just warming up milk and melting 70 or 85% chocolate into it.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    - Thinly sliced Apple (I like honey crisp or Granny Smith)
    - Chocolate sauce (I get Moo something or other from trader joes, it's organic and good)
    - roasted peanuts
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Blended summer berries and a banana. Maybe with some cacao nibs for crunch.
  • dlucio1
    dlucio1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yum. I'm going to buy sum Moo.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup ricotta cheese
    1 and1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa
    2 packets of your favorite sweetener
    Blend
    Add in what you like, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, strawberries

This has become my go to sweet treat.
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thinly sliced apple with a scoop of almond butter for dipping, seriously delicious, one of my favourite snacks!
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Grilled peaches
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Look at my food diary for Monday 5/30 and see the snack with jicama, butter, and cinnamon. Cooking instructions are in the food notes. Low cal, high fiber, zero sodium, and even the fat in the butter mostly doesn't remain when you eat the jicama.
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I like almond covered dates, but dates are heavy in carbs and extremely light in protein and fat. It is my chocolate and sort of tastes like chocolate too.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    im a fan of green apples and caramel sauce.
  • nikkxjohnson
    nikkxjohnson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Blend frozen bananas to create an ice cream and add whatever fixings you want. Always hits the spot for me.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    86% cacao chocolate!
  • tinaalvarado29
    tinaalvarado29 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I made me 1 sugar free jello any flavor smash with a bean smasher a half a cup of cottage cheese and 2 tablespoons of fat free cool whip and mix all together it was delicious
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My favourite dessert is 300g plain chobani yogurt and 50g chocolate peanut butter casein/protein powder. Mix it together and pop in the fridge for at least an hour. I top it with raspberries and cottage cheese.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My favourite dessert is 300g plain chobani yogurt and 50g chocolate peanut butter casein/protein powder. Mix it together and pop in the fridge for at least an hour. I top it with raspberries and cottage cheese.

I love this too! Have you tried some sea salt in your yogurt with peanut butter powder or chocolate peanut butter powder? It gives a Reese's chocolate taste. That with some 70% cacao geradelli chocolate chips is super yummy! I also use some sweetner like pyure. Do you use any sweetner and is it good plain?

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I love this too! Have you tried some sea salt in your yogurt with peanut butter powder or chocolate peanut butter powder? It gives a Reese's chocolate taste. That with some 70% cacao geradelli chocolate chips is super yummy! I also use some sweetner like pyure. Do you use any sweetner and is it good plain?

No I haven't tried adding salt, I will next time though. I've got lightly salted roasted coconut flakes that would probably work too, sprinkled on top.
    No I dont add any sweetners, I use optimum nutrition choc/peanut butter casein which seems to be sweet enough.

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with vanilla protein powder added tastes an awful lot like cheesecake filling.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I mix a small package of sugar free Jello powder into 24 ounces of cottage cheese, portion it out, and refrigerate a few hours. It makes a tasty snack that you can customize in flavor and nutrition (choose your desired fat content). I usually sprinkle it with a small amount of roasted nuts for a little crunch and the salty/sweet experience.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options

No I haven't tried adding salt, I will next time though. I've got lightly salted roasted coconut flakes that would probably work too, sprinkled on top.
    No I dont add any sweetners, I use optimum nutrition choc/peanut butter casein which seems to be sweet enough.

Where do you purchase the optimum nutrition? Is it good and does it have protein? How many calories? Sorry for all the questions! :smile:

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Carrot cake