Looking for 'Cysters' with PCOS.

Options
Hi, I'm Anna. I've done MFP before, and after a few years of religious daily use I stopped due to frustrations from my hormone imbalance making weight loss so difficult. I would love to find women like me who have PCOS and struggle with their weight due to this.

A little about me: I'm 22, a marathon runner (5 full, countless halfs and races), have 2 dogs, live in sunny Los Angeles, enjoy reading, paint as a hobby, am an outdoors enthusiast and am working on my awesome bucket list!

I would love to be befriended by other supportive and empowering women, so we can build each other up.

Replies

• leahangelarnold
    leahangelarnold Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Leah, I live in Florida and I'm married and a mommy of 2. I have PCOS as well and it has really crept up with me and caused me to gain. I weighed as much as I do when I deliver my babies!!! I've started the keto diet and have been doing it for about 2 weeks now and I've already lost 11 pounds! I also danced for 20 years and after I got married and pregnant my studio closed so I had to stop. Instead now I'm doing NYCB's workout and it's the closest thing I can get to real dance, lol
  • Tarataboo35
    Tarataboo35 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am from the UK, was really into my running and was training for my first half when those dreaded hormones and symptoms spiked and I am trying to get back to it : ) would also like to join you and others for some encouragement and support. And some tips to get back to the running and hit that half : )

Lets do this!

x
  • toswalt1447
    toswalt1447 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have PCOS too but was lucky to not struggle with infertility but unlucky enough to struggle with weight and acne, amongst other things. I had lost 22 lbs since March and then found out I'm pregnant again! So I fell off the wagon for a couple weeks but want to start eating healthy and not trying to lose weight but watching how much weight I gain. I also was at the weight I was when I was full term pregnant. :( hate PCOS!
  • Becoming_Jaie
    Becoming_Jaie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 30yrs old, diagnosed with PCOS shortly after I hit puberty. I'm a married, stay-at-home mother of one. I am currently my heaviest ever and looking to change my lifestyle to have a long, healthy life and be a role model for my daughter. Friend me and we'll travel this road together.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I am 57, pcos, mom of two (maximum dose of clomid did wonders). My lowest adult weight was just before I had each child. Looking back I attribute it to eatting the diabetic diet the nutritionist had me on, which although I had to eat 2800 calories a day resulted in a 20 pound lose (immediately after delivery) of my first son and 10 after my second. The diet I was following was low carb, back then who knew. My on/gyn told me she thought my metabolism only functioned correctly when I was pregnant. A few years back I was diagnosed with extremely low vitamin d (like the level was 9) and never realized that connection with weight also. I know I can loose the weight, my main problem is the plateau I hit at about 25 pounds down which I have never been able to break through. I tend to give up there. This time I am hoping to break that trend.
  • crazycatgirl22
    crazycatgirl22 Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hey there! I could also really use some support/new friends on here. I'm a 25 year old with pcos and hypothyroid. Lucky me! I'm being sarcastic. It really sucks.
  • TanyaLouise24
    TanyaLouise24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 25 from the UK and recently diagnosed with PCOS. I have used Mfp before but fell off the wagon, I am ready to get in shape and get healthy!
    PCOS is making it quite difficult for me to lose weight and I also suffer with adult acne.
    Looking to connect with people on the same journey
  • jacbianc5290
    jacbianc5290 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i have it too- jacbianc5290
  • Loosingittogainitall
    Loosingittogainitall Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hello. I am 33 from the UK and also a fellow PCOS sufferer which has caused weight issues, unwanted hair growth on my face and the dark skin patches to add to that it has also affected my fertility. I have been Trying for a baby for over 10 years. I am here now to try and loose around 40lbs (to hopefully kick start my periods and maybe help with the baby making) as in early 2018 if no joy before that we are looking at going abroad for Fertility treatment.

I hate exercise (as have bad hips - another issue) but have started walking at pace with my dog for 20 mins each day and have downloaded the couch to 5k and will start that next week. My passion is crafting.

Good luck everyone xxx
  • Adelia979
    Adelia979 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and live in Ohio. I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 17. Currently trying the keto diet and have used MFP in the past, but "fell off the wagon" when my depression/anxiety got really bad last year. Any support would be appreciated as I've only got 80 lbs of my original 140 lb weight loss goal left to go!
  • sallielozo
    sallielozo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have PCOS too, from Texas. Losing weight is so frustrating with pcos, but it is possible. :smile: Low carb is the only thing that works for me, which is sad because carbs are so delicious!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    27 years old from New York. I was diagnosed with PCOS in December 2015 (also have hypothroidism). From the hormonal acne, the hair loss and always being tired to the unexplained weight gain, I knew something was out of place. My cycle has never been regular. I'm taking 2,000 mg of Metformin/day at this point. I have lost 25+lbs since starting the Metformin with ZERO other changes to my routine. As it has been mentioned, weight loss is POSSIBLE with PCOS.
  • k_schauer
    k_schauer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 31, live in Florida, and have been married for almost 2 years. I was diagnosed with pcos when we started trying for a baby and things just weren't happening. I was also diagnosed as pre-diabetic and started 500mg of metformin once a day last week. Now I am trying to figure this stuff out. I've been overweight since I was in middle school, so "healthier eating habits and exercise" with no real direction has me scrambling. Feeling slightly overwhelmed and hoping for some support and some reassurance that a family is possible for us...
  • theWODdoll
    theWODdoll Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've got PCOS also. When I found out Jillian Michaels has it also and she is so fit I did a ton of research. Eating clean organic whole foods & lots of exercise is the key! It's hard work but you'll notice a difference. Always love support from fellow MFP users! :)