Need ranch and mayo recipe

Options
leanora2009
leanora2009 Posts: 5 Member
I love love love using mayo and ranch on foods. Does anyone know healthier low calorie recipes for these that doesn't taste horrible?

Replies

• Countryroads1
    Countryroads1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try using Walden Farms dressings.... a bit pricey, but 0 carbs. and 0 calories... the ranch and bacon flavors are pretty good. They also have CHOCOLATE SAUCE and BBQ sauce! Now the mayo.... keep looking, theirs didn't impress my spouse at all. Good luck. Hope this helps.
  • karinschoultz
    karinschoultz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just tried Hidden Valley Ranch Dip in a package mixed with zero fat Greek yogurt. Dipped veggies in for a snack. Also Beanitoes. Chips made out of navy beans!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I sub Greek yogurt for ranch with Hidden Valley Ranch powder mix. As far as mayo I make my own from scratch but it's not any less calorific.
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I place a pork tenderloin in a Ziploc bag with some ranch, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper. Leave it overnight and then grill over indirect heat. You get that great ranch flavour, this is a go-to for me!
  • sevogel983
    sevogel983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I only use organic Greek plain yogurt instead of mayo. Add herbs,lemon, lime zest, garlic, salt and pepper, basil pesto. Try different combos,It tastes amazing and has lower calories!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I make the buttermilk ranch packet with lowfat buttermilk 3/4 cup non fat greek yogurt and 1/4 cup light mayo.

I made this Dr. Oz Yogurt Mayo. It is tasty not mayo but a tasty spread, dip for steamed artichokes.
    doctoroz.com/recipe/greek-yogurt-mayo
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    https://happyherbivore.com/recipe/mayo/ i use this recipe for vegan mayo and i love it in everything.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    To lighten mayo, you can mix it half and half with yoghurt. Or you can use yoghurt as an alternative creamy dressing - add a squirt of some kind of relish or ketchup type sauce to give it flavour. I like to add salad cream (a sort of vinegary sugary mayo concoction) but any strong tasting condiment would be worth a try.

Not sure about the ranch. Don't you get ranch seasoning packets? Could you add that to yoghurt? You might need to add a little sugar to balance the sourness of the yoghurt.
  • leanora2009
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Some great ideas on here that sound good! I tried a ranch packet with Greek yogurt once and it was a little bitter. Maybe I had the ratio wrong or something. I'm going to keep trying with it and try some of ideas above. Hopefully, I can find a good substitute that works. Thanks again everybody!
  • leanora2009
    Options
    :)
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Some great ideas on here that sound good! I tried a ranch packet with Greek yogurt once and it was a little bitter. Maybe I had the ratio wrong or something. I'm going to keep trying with it and try some of ideas above. Hopefully, I can find a good substitute that works. Thanks again everybody!

You will be amazed at what just 2 Tbsp. or 1/4 cup of light mayo will do to balance the tang of yogurt.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Or a pinch of salt, that takes care of bitterness in a lot of cases. Add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of sugar and see where that takes you. Obviously keep track of the sugar or you could end up with more calories than the full fat version!