Best weight gain food or snack you know?

Options
2»

Replies

• rodriguezangel316ar
    Options
    1 scoop protein, 1 cup whole milk, a little bit of water to thin it out. Shake it up and then add (liquid) heavy cream.. It's the stuff you make whipped creme out of when you shake it up a lot... That's why I add it after I miz the protein, otherwise it'll be super thick.
    That and a peanut butter bar or payday
  • rodriguezangel316ar
    Options
    1 scoop protein, 1 cup whole milk, a little bit of water to thin it out. Shake it up and then add (liquid) heavy cream.. It's the stuff you make whipped creme out of when you shake it up a lot... That's why I add it after I miz the protein, otherwise it'll be super thick.
    That and a peanut butter bar or payday

Roughly 800-900 Cal
  • lionsfan802
    lionsfan802 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm eating several meals throughout the day, usually high in protein. In between meals I'll snack on Greek yogurt and Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey protein shakes.
  • Spontaneously
    Spontaneously Posts: 36 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My favorite lately are bakery soft baked cookies. 120 cal for the conservative size, 400 something for the more generous ones.
    Personally when I'm low on my calorie count I drink some olive oil. What's your cheat food?

Could any one please share more about this? Is it effective for getting calories down? They're encouraging me to straight up take tbsps of coconut and olive oils, and I'm pretty skeptical. How long does it take to go through? (When is your stomach comfortable to eat again?) Best taken alone or paired? When? Best avoided when?
  • wakamaka
    wakamaka Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwiches (can add honey or fruit jelly if needed to make it not as dry). 2 slices of bread and 2 tbsp or PB = 400 calories.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you just drink olive oil? I get dipping some bread in it, but straight? Gross.

There are so many delicious higher calorie foods and beverages to use as a "cheat food".
    Ice cream, peanut butter, chocolate, cheese, pasta, french fries...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    A jar of peanut butter and a spoon will do the trick nicely too. At around 100 calories per tablespoon, it wouldn't be hard to knock down 800-1000 calories pretty quickly.
  • Spontaneously
    Spontaneously Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you just drink olive oil? I get dipping some bread in it, but straight? Gross.

I think so too, but my honest answer is - desperation. Each of those things do have high calories and are more fun, but not nearly the compact volume. (Excl. chocolate.)
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options

I think so too, but my honest answer is - desperation. Each of those things do have high calories and are more fun, but not nearly the compact volume. (Excl. chocolate.)

What about coconut cream? It's 140 calories for 2 tbsp. It's not as calorically dense as olive oil, but significantly better tasting.
  • Dale11_
    Dale11_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cashew nuts are easy calories
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    ICE CREAM! Rich, chocolatey, nutty ice cream. All natural ice cream!
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    When people talk about adding olive oil for extra cals, they mean when cooking or in smoothies not like a vodka shot. Each to their own I guess but I could list a hundred high cal foods I'd rather eat that drink olive oil.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Nutella/peanut butter either individually or together... nom nom :smiley:
  • lovefitness726
    lovefitness726 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I got some Reeses chocolate peanut butter spread, 2 tablespoons is 190 calories. I can't eat straight peanut butter it's too thick. Eating straight olive oil seems not that great for your stomach, but my boyfriend does that and no issues.

I also sometimes do a shake with milk protein powder and add some ice cream.
  • pektranao
    pektranao Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Crunch bar chocolate brownie, lays bbq chips, greek yogurt 3%, cashews, waffles with nutella and milk.
  • jessasweightlossjourney
    Options
    Fried foods and cheesy foods! White bread and sugar will do it for me but I also have PCOS. Carbs make me gain like crazy.
  • drcominsky
    drcominsky Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nutella/peanut butter either individually or together... nom nom :smiley:

This is my go-to if I'm short on time in the morning, usually on bread for carbs. Can't go wrong! :smile:
  • drcominsky
    drcominsky Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I saw this documentary once about some strange tribe that honors extremely large women and they force fed them milk - milk - and more milk. whole milk - maybe chocolate milk fat and carbs in the lactose probably a good bet

I've been craving milk recently and usually what you crave is tied to something in the food you're craving and what your body needs. So your post makes a lot of sense
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Mutant mass, 1200 calories for 2 scoops