What's the most weight you've gained in a weekend?

Options
Hi all. This weekend I ate and drank like a lord. Consequently, I gained 8lbs, which is nearly a 5% increase in body weight. I'm not particularly perturbed by this and realize a good chunk is water weight and will (hopefully) come off again quite quickly, however I am curious to know what the biggest gain others have experienced after a cheat weekend.

Replies

• caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I went up 7 pounds in a weekend. It was all off again within three days, so it was mostly water weight due to eating some delicious salty foods. It was a good reminder to me to watch my sodium intake!
  • dottiestlottiest2015
    dottiestlottiest2015 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I put on 7 pounds one weekend! All came off though.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    5 lbs and takes me at least a week to get rid of it
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    oh maybe around 3lbs (I'm petite so that seems alot), but its always gone in 3 or 4 days once normal routine resumes.
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Gained about 4 lbs this last weekend, lots of good drink & rich food for Memorial Day weekend...back down 3 lbs already so not sweating it too much ;)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    First off, I never have "cheat meals," "cheat days" or "cheat weekends." Who am I cheating on? Myself?

If I have an unexpectedly caloric time, I am responsible and committed to the process enough to log whatever I ate honestly and completely. That way, I have a record of how much I consumed that pushed my train temporarily off the rails. After I log it, I learn from it and I move on.

I know that one meal, one day or one weekend isn't going to undo all the other days where I managed to say within my caloric budget. And for planned food events like Christmas, for example, I just reduce my intake a bit for a few days before, log what I eat over the holidays and enjoy every single bite. :)

I know that weight gain for these events is temporary (unless, of course it happens every few days!) and that a good deal of the weight is likely sodium-related. So I'll drink extra water for a couple of days, and weight comes back off again.

To answer your question, I gained five pounds around Christmas last year. It was gone by New Year's Eve. :)
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I have had water weight swings in either direction of up to 8lb in one day. That's a gallon of water.
  • ConicalFern
    ConicalFern Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have gained around 10lbs in a weekend. I did a big bike ride (160 miles) and ate like a pig for the following two days (it was Easter), so I suspect some was muscles retaining water in response to the bike ride, some water weight from all the carbs, and undoubtedly, some proper weight gain. I lost 6lbs in a couple of days but the last 4lbs took around 2 weeks to come back off again.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    After a 16 week deficit with no cheat meals, I had a "cheat day" which resulted in a 15lbs gain. After 4 days I was back down below my initial weight. Water retention and glycogen replenishment mainly
  • daz2270
    daz2270 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    After a 16 week deficit with no cheat meals, I had a "cheat day" which resulted in a 15lbs gain. After 4 days I was back down below my initial weight. Water retention and glycogen replenishment mainly

We have a winner! After 4 days - I'm back to my pre-blowout weight. Phew!