Meal Prep

Options
newbornoct13
newbornoct13 Posts: 1 Member
What's your meal prep for the week consist of? It can get a bit hard to stick to it when you run out of ideas!

Replies

• caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Our flyers come on Wednesday afternoon, so normally on Wednesday or Thursday evening I take a look and see what's on sale. Then I do an inventory of what's in the freezer. For example at the moment, I have lots of chicken and pork, so I am looking for beef on sale. Then I try and flesh out what we want for the week based on the sales and what I have available in the freezer and pantry. I'll ask the family if there are any special requests. Then I go to my recipes and create a list. I'd love to get some crockpot meals in the freezer too but I haven't gotten there yet.
  • StuartieDrummond92
    StuartieDrummond92 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I make tuna pasta 100g of pasta 1 tin of tuna 50ml of full fat mayo (good fats) typical chicken curry's with brown rice 50g brown rice 1 chicken breast and a sauce low in sugar! I make my lunches up for work every second day and also my dinner I just thrash together after the gym! Doesn't have to be fancy clean eating can be simple but damp it's boring...
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I started watching Domestic Geek's You Tube channel. She has tons of meal prep ideas. I have not done a whole week yet. But the recipes I have tried have all been great!
  • Bghere1
    Bghere1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Chicken is always good and easy to get done at the beginning of the week. So are larger pieces of beef. I cook the beef a little bit redder for this to keep extra moisture in it. Almost always cut 3-5 heads of romaine also, put it in a big tupper ware in the fridge. I use all this stuff, and the regular condiments to quickly assemble something for work, and go. My work days are typically very long too 12-15 hours. My problem is I don't usually pack enough calories for that amount of time. :*