Classic

Options
Hey you guys, ive started a weight loss fast...need help..motivation..ideas

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    What do you want motivation and ideas for? Fasting? Losing weight fast?
    Losing weight RIGHT, aka in a HEALTHY and SUSTAINABLE way?
    Sorry, confused.
  • xCyanideGirlx
    xCyanideGirlx Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Id recommend not fasting, because every time ive tried to do that to lose weight i ended up gaining because i was so hungry. Try a -1000 calorie deficit for quick AND safe results that wont make you binge.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Id recommend not fasting, because every time ive tried to do that to lose weight i ended up gaining because i was so hungry. Try a -1000 calorie deficit for quick AND safe results that wont make you binge.

I'd say based on your very LIMITED post above (and that slightly frightening reply) I that you ignore this suggestion

Try: Doing what MFP suggests (with 1.0Lbs a week for starters unless you;re VERY VERY overweight)
    OR if you know your BMR and TDEE, do 10%, 15% below that. If BMR and TDEE are unfamiliar to you, do the former.

And, so that we can give you GOOD, educated, feedback, tell us your AGE, weight, height, gender and goals.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    What do you want motivation and ideas for? Fasting? Losing weight fast?
    Losing weight RIGHT, aka in a HEALTHY and SUSTAINABLE way?
    Sorry, confused.

^^ agreed.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,149 Member
    Options
    classicw wrote: »
    Hey you guys, ive started a weight loss fast...

Why?

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Don't fast for weight loss--you'll be setting yourself up for misery and unrealistic expectations. Put all of your stats into the "goals" section of MFP, select a reasonable weekly goal, eat the daily amount of calories MFP gives you, and eat food you like that fits into that daily goal. I've lost 7 lbs doing this--it works when you log accurately. :)
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

I'd say based on your very LIMITED post above (and that slightly frightening reply) I that you ignore this suggestion

Try: Doing what MFP suggests (with 1.0Lbs a week for starters unless you;re VERY VERY overweight)
    OR if you know your BMR and TDEE, do 10%, 15% below that. If BMR and TDEE are unfamiliar to you, do the former.

And, so that we can give you GOOD, educated, feedback, tell us your AGE, weight, height, gender and goals.

THIS