I need someone to give me a good kick in the *kitten*

Options
Seriously.

I'm lazy. I make excuses. I don't push myself or do anything to challenge my skills.

Anyone out there willing to message me often and make sure I'm staying on track?

I don't want someone ultra friendly or someone who likes to sugar coat everything because they're afraid of being too mean or harsh.

I want someone who's willing to be as blunt as possible.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Bahaha, I'm sorry. Your title is one of the times that MFP's swear filter actually makes things worse. A kick in the kitten would REALLY hurt.
  • katiestenton
    katiestenton Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Add me, i think i could also do with someone checking in on me! My binging has been getting outta control xxx
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    theestars wrote: »
    Seriously.

I'm lazy. I make excuses. I don't push myself or do anything to challenge my skills.

Anyone out there willing to message me often and make sure I'm staying on track?

I don't want someone ultra friendly or someone who likes to sugar coat everything because they're afraid of being too mean or harsh.

I want someone who's willing to be as blunt as possible.

@theestars, look at my avatar. I think we need to keep kittens out of this. Please......assure me no kittens will be harmed during the course of this conversation. o:)

Seriously, all of the above is on you. I am not trying to be rude, really......but, it's not up to anyone else to make sure you are staying on track, that's up to you.

Good luck. :)
  • theestars
    theestars Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    LOL I thought the filter sounded too funny to change.
  • theestars
    theestars Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    it's not up to anyone else to make sure you are staying on track, that's up to you.

Yeah, very true. Just been feeling extra fed up with myself lately.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Reporting for *kitten* kickin' duty, ma'am.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Mavrick_RN wrote: »
    Your request to be kicked around by some random stranger on the internet has some very masochistic overtones that don't belong on a family friendly website.

Or you could consider growing up and taking responsibility for you own choices. I can't imagine the intent of someone who would want to micromanage a lazy slacker.

There you go. The OP needs to kick their own *kitten*.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    The kitten police are on their way!

2EBC678A00000578-3329998-image-m-147_1448293600805.jpg
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,524 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm a cat person and would rather be scratched and attacked by a kitten than to hurt one myself :blush: You can do it, just keep on going. It's not easy and it's slow but you will get there in the end :smile:
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. Learn to hold yourself accountable. You can do it!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My kitten is afraid...very afraid...

One of my favorite quotes: you can have results or you can have excuses, but you can't have both.
    You have to want it more than you want the food/laziness/whatever. No one can do that for you, OP. That comes from you.
    The question is: how badly do you want it?
  • delineationfiguration
    delineationfiguration Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Remember that words have power. If you tell yourself you are lazy - you will be more likely to lay around doing little. If you tell yourself you lack the ability to control yourself, you already have a ready excuse for when you fail to do so.

Instead of recruiting a stranger to control your life, you need to find ways to control it yourself. There are several methods to self-motivation - some will work for you, others will not. Do some research! For me, it is the numbers. Today I burned 25 calories more than usual on my half an hour treadmill exercise - it is a tiny bit, but it means I pushed myself that little bit harder! The food budget is shrinking, as I am better at buying what we need (not everything we want) - and cooking from scratch. I love seeing that expenditure go down! Someone else may need treats: "When I reach this goal, I will get my nails done/get a massage." Others require strict routines.

One thing that is doomed to fail for most is relying solely on willpower. You need some structure that you yourself put in place to keep yourself going when the mind isn't overly keen. Have a think and take the day to make a plan you can get behind.