best way to tone up and get lean

Options
i have recently started doing the 30 day shred which i am loving, but want to mix things up a bit as i get bored. what are the best ways to tone up your legs, stomach etc? i also want to lose more body fat and get lean! i currently weigh about 120 pounds. this isn't a weight loss regime, more of a toning plan.

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I am loving turbofire, its more high energy than 30 DS. I am currently doing both programs, alternating. I feel that turbofire is more cardio heavy and 30DS is more toning.

Good luck =]
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    If and when I get bored doing it Ill mix in Zumba, Elliptical and P90X just to change things up right now only on day 1 so not bored yet lol
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am doing Turbofire and I love it!! It is fun and high energy.... my body is changing quickly too =)
  • egma221
    egma221 Posts: 6
    Options
    thanks for the tips! i am not sure what turbofire is because i haven't heard of that in australia (maybe i am not looking hard enough). i have a tracy anderson dvd but i dont like it as her instructions and direction are crap. i will see if i can find some zumba and give that a go :)
  • P90XLE
    P90XLE Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    www.beachbody.com - check out that website for turbofire, P90X, Insanity and Asylum
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I love beachbody workouts too, but I will offer something that doesn't require buying something through a website...

Since you don't want to lose weight anymore, the best thing you can do for your body is lift heavy weights. This will be the best and fastest way to "tone" your body. You don't have to spend more than 45 minutes in a gym every other day. No cardio required, unless you just want to.

I personally used the beachbody programs to lose weight. Now that I am switching over to just shedding fat and getting lean and toned, I am migrating over to my local gym so I can use barbells, kettlebells, and a wide variety of free weights and weight machines to help me reach my goals.
  • egma221
    egma221 Posts: 6
    Options
    awesome thanks for the tips! also - has anyone tried the 30 day shred compared to ripped in 30?
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Pilates is awesome and works super fast. I saw results within the first week and have now bee doin it(along with other stuff) for 5 months. I haven't been this fit since highschool.
  • Bighank7752
    Options
    I use an indoor rower. It works the whole body and particularly great for working the core and legs. They say doing an hour on the rower is like doing 1800 situps.