Plateu

Options
Ok I confess, after 9 days in Italy I put back 3lb. But I expected that to happen. Now I am back on track and need not only to loose 3 gained pounds but another 4 to reach my goal which is 135lb. I am on low carb high protein high fiber. Gym 2x a week running and fitness machines. Any suggestions?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Maintenance is eating the right amount calories everyday for the rest of your life. Keep going!

Eta: typo
  • Longevity100
    Longevity100 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    verga32 wrote: »
    Ok I confess, after 9 days in Italy I put back 3lb. But I expected that to happen. Now I am back on track and need not only to loose 3 gained pounds but another 4 to reach my goal which is 135lb. I am on low carb high protein high fiber. Gym 2x a week running and fitness machines. Any suggestions?

1. What does your current exercise program look like exactly?

2. What does a typical day of eating look like for you?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You aren't on a plateau then....

its normal to gain some water or real weight on holidays as we eat differently when away (and why not! :smiley: ), once your back in routine again and tracking accurately that gain will be gone in no time.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Would guess half the holiday weight is temporary bloating (that's my normal ratio).

Suggestion to lose weight - a calorie deficit! :)

Why do you think you are in a plateau?
  • JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as a plateau. You simply need more exercise. And I don't say that meanly or as criticizing, but adding more trips to the gym or some extended outdoor jogging, etc, will result in weight more burned calories, which will result in weight loss. Obviously, your mileage will vary because nobody is the same, but technically, you don't really ever plateau. It just depends on how much will or free time you have to add more exercise, aka calorie burn.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Eat carbs. They're necessary to process the fat you eat. Be happy eating carbs. :smile: Not really sure if this is a plateau considering you just talked about gaining weight. That's not a plateau.
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Lol, no such thing as a plateau. Seems a funny comment for a maintaining weight community. Isn't maintenance an intentional plateau at a weight of your own choosing?
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    JinjoJoey wrote: »
    There's no such thing as a plateau. You simply need more exercise. And I don't say that meanly or as criticizing, but adding more trips to the gym or some extended outdoor jogging, etc, will result in weight more burned calories, which will result in weight loss. Obviously, your mileage will vary because nobody is the same, but technically, you don't really ever plateau. It just depends on how much will or free time you have to add more exercise, aka calorie burn.

yeah.... you don't need more exercise to lose weight. You just need a calorie deficit which can be created either via exercise or just eating less food. When I lost my 50lb (aproximately a 175,000 calorie deficit over most of a year) I calculated my total exercise calories and it came out to a measly 20% of that weight loss. I could have lost the 50lb even with no exercise, but the results wouldn't have been as nice.

As for if a plateau exists or not, I don't believe they exist, as in out of your control. You are either losing weight, gaining weight or maintaining weight based on what you eat and what is actually happening with your body can be masked for significant amounts of time due to water fluctuations.