Emotional eater and sugar addict

Options
Hi, I'm really working on healthy management of feelings rather than eating to cope with them. Sugar is a big one. Sometimes I almost feel out of control during those times that I eat for emotional reasons. If you have experience with this feel free to share with me the things that help you succeed or regain control when you feel like you're losing it. As I become more healthy in my eating, i can tell that I feel better, but old habits die hard, especially when they've helped you cope with boredom/anxiety/loneliness for a long time. I went to a therapist for a while and he did help me, but I'm not paying that kind of money for the rest of my life! Opening up and continuing to learn strategies for success is my purpose here.

Replies

• jayjay_90
    jayjay_90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey, I sent you a request! I'm also working on gaining control over my emotional eating. I did well for a while but it sort of crept back up on me recently, so now I'm really paying attention to how I'm feeling when it strikes.
  • KiwiKim25
    KiwiKim25 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I let myself indulge fully in emotional eating while in a high stress situation, and I'm now paying the consequences. It had made my sugar addiction much worse, and of course I gained all my lost weight back. I'm taking this one day at a time, and sometimes even minute by minute.

I'd love to add friends on MFP to help each other through the same thing!